As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wind

Left late (but forgot to look at the clock so don't know what time). Walked steady towards Fairytaletree - stopping at the bridge over the Yarkon only to see more dead fish. I so yearn to know what happened to the turtles. I haven't seen them anymore ... :-(

At Fairytaletree I had a weird experience when a religiously orthodox man started talking to me (this being Shabbat and me sitting there wearing my bermuda's). Anyway I know now that there is at least one more person that is interested in the tree's history besides me. I told him I have the tel. # of the agronom of the T.A. municipality but that there never was an answer. I will find out though. One day... For the rest: it was pure magic sitting there today with the wind shuffling Fairytaletree's leaves, creating mesmerizing sounds.

I had a nice conversation (but mostly laughs) with my fisherWOman. I also made a photo of her holding a fish she detests so much (because they're no good for eating but eat her shoarma which is her bait she hopes to catch edible fish with). It's a "dag-ha'sela" (fish of the rock) - but I don't know if she would appreciate it if I placed it on the internet, so I just won't. Another photo of the lucky guy (because they get thrown back to the sea usually) is on photo 1.

People always see other people and me? I never notice. Can walk past an acquaintance just like that. Very embarassing sometimes... Today C., the sweet waiter of AromaATB, called out my name at the pond and stopped me. I don't know how people do it. I am so ashamed but I honestly can't help it. I never notice acquaintances in the street.

The sea was rough. I didn't feel like having him get me wet at my mezah and so decided to walk up north down the boardwalk. Being a very windy day today I kept my sweatshirt on. At the bridge connecting the Nemaal with Reading I saw the many different species of birds enjoying the water together. There were seagulls, egrets, swallows, lapwings, pigeons, kingfishers and herons. It was absolutely beautiful. Breathtaking. The sun shining on the water and all those birds ... a true little Paradise. Some photos are 2, 3 and 4 - I should have taken more :-(

I decided to walk up the Reading mezah. There was barbed wire all over and signs saying it was 'private property' and 'watch out: biting dog'. OK. There were dogs... at least 5 or 6 of them and pretty huge as well. But, after I crept through the opening in the barbed wire fence I saw other people creep throughI was happy to notice that those 'biting dogs' (who really looked frightening) would just lift their eye to see me and then go on sleeping. There were about 7 other people on the mezah - all fishermen.

It was amazing though. It was such a huge experience to stand there -pretty far away from the coast- and have the wind and the waves as my only company. I wish I could have stayed longer but -although not one of the skinniest "girls" around- I felt like the wind could easily pick me up and throw me over (the mezah) - I was having a hard time keeping my feet attached to the ground... So, I left. Sooner than I wanted... (photos 5, 6 & 7 - at photo 7 'my' mezah can be seen from afar)

Last photo is of a monument placed in honor of the British troups in WWI (1917) that conquered the ford from the Turkish and captured their command. The ford is in the background.

22-11-2008-rockfish
22-11-2008-seagullsandegrets
22-11-2008-chillin
22-11-2008-chillin2
22-11-2008-readingmezah7
22-11-2008-readingmezah4
22-11-2008-readingmezah6
22-11-2008-1917victory

No comments: