As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Choosing for over the rainbow

After a two hour night's sleep only due to reality hitting me suddenly now that things start moving privately, I was in no mood to 'enjoy' :-( I know why I run to the sea as often as I can: it's escaping reality and not having to think about what possibly will happen, nor about the regret looking back at the past brings with it. The last few weeks I keep on hearing "with one more look at you" (song sang by Barbra Streisand in the movie A star is born) through my head and I wondered why this is, but today I know: I want to have a second look at that girl of 20 that came to Israel 31 years ago totally in love, full of hope, full of expectations and soooooooooo naive..... :-( I want her back.

At my Fairytaletree I climbed the long trenches hanging down from up and let the tiny little birds once again carry me on their wings to "somewhere over the rainbow", I let the wasps hum me songs that melt my heart and I let the flowers intoxicate me with their rare, melancholic fragrance. It are fragile moments when I experience this because I know the 'fall' (out of fairytaleland) is hard.

When I arrived at the Nemaal I saw a girl walk down my mezah and sit down. At first I was irritated because I had so much looked forward to being alone with the sea again, but then thought that I felt she also wanted to be alone with the sea some and since I am there so much I just left her be and didn't bother her with my presence nearby. Instead - I walked the boardwalk northbound.

Later when I came back I saw 2 fishermen there but she was gone. So, I think I was right in guessing she needed to be in solitude with the sea...

Photos:
1- of a lemon tree down the street I live in
2- of a tree down the route to the Nemaal which I thought is beautiful
3- of sandcrabs that were abundantly around in that area and I was surprised about
4- of a dead fish (quite large for TA-Nemaal standards) those sandcrabs were eating from
5- of the spot at the end of the northern part of the boardwalk where fishermen were throwing their lines out just a few months ago and now all of a sudden a kind of beach has formed, with the water retreated away from the shore
6- of a dead fish that looked as if he had drowned in that sand
7- of the bridge that connects the Nemaal with the Reading area - it seems it was built in 1938 and is called after a British military person Wokof, Wocoff or something like that. The photo is out of the Israeli Electric Company archives
8- of a baby Mynah sitting on a pole in the sun
9- of his mom watching me sharply all the time I was near
10- of a Lapwing demanding I took a photo of him by sorta screaming out to me :D

2-11-2008-lemontree
2-11-2008-lovelytree2
2-11-2008-sandcrabs
2-11-2008-deadfishwithcrab2
2-11-2008-wheredidtheseago
2-11-2008-fishdrownedinsand
2-11-2008-gesherwocoforsomethinglikethat2
2-11-2008-mynahbabyonpole
2-11-2008-mynahmomwatchingme
2-11-2008-lapwingnearwater

No comments: