As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Sea "Lets Go"

at least that is how I felt it. He was not really angry but mostly expressed his bottled up frustrations. Yeah. He was wild. He "let go". Of course only probably in my world of experience, but that is what is real to me...

I left the house late this morning, 07:30 - but with sunrise happening later towards the 21st of December it still felt like it was really early. I did stop and absorbed the environment over the Yarkon river but it was so depressing :-( I didn't see the turtles - whom I had hoped I would have seen so I would know they are OK after the poison disaster a few days ago. No birds around either. They 'know'. Even the little bug-flies that hoover over the bridge usually weren't there. Only dead fish, still floating on the surface. It felt like the area was mourning but nobody around paid attention to its grieve. It was too sad to make any photos of :-(

Fairytaletree made me feel good again. I imagined myself climbing up one of the dead looking strings and sitting on top of this wonderful, still very green, tree - totally cleansed of all problems and troubles I am facing and feeling delirious with just 'being' and absorbing my phantasy surroundings. I can easily detach myself from reality and stay there (in my imaginary place on top of this tree) for ages, but I know that the longer I 'stay' there the harder it will be to fall back into reality, so I moved 'back' and 'on' after some 15 minutes :-(

A million thoughts cross my mind when walking and many have to do with the past. I never liked "the past" - because 'the past' is a thing that is dead and buried and I feel usually very much alive. However perhaps it is good those thoughts cross my mind (and mostly heart) so when it is time to move forwards after bidding goodbye I will be more 'complete'. Perhaps this is what is called a "closure". Who knows....?

The first thing I noticed when arriving at the sea was that there were black flags up which means that it is forbidden to bathe in the sea. I looked over the balustrade and saw some waves but nothing really 'serious'. He did make a lot of noise tho...

When arriving at my mezah - after having bought my usual cappucinno from my usual waiter ("C") who was as sweet as always - I finally saw the mood of the sea. Sure looked dangerous to be caught in his currents but at the same time, if keeping a respectable distance, he seemed more naughty than angry. So, I walked the path to the end of my mezah (something I would have NEVER dared when I started this beachdiary-journey, at least in this aspect I've come a long way) and got 'into contact' with him. I feel so proud though that I was not scared of his roars anymore like I used to be.

He played along....

Fantastic splashes when he broke on the mezah that went up more than 3 or 4 meters but still.... kept away from penetrating my private space. But... on the other hand, when I felt brazen and sat down on a part of the mezah that hadn't been wetted by him, he gently threw a wave so that I got drenched from my feet up to half of my body :D

He let me get off the mezah without having my camera gotten wet but.... while standing 'up' on the boardwalk again and take one more photo of him he threw a wave at me that did get the camera wet.... davka on a place he hadn't thrown his water at before.

The fishermen is yet another story. Perhaps another time. I know I am 'one of the gang' now because they have started to make rude (sexually tinted) jokes while I am around and expect me to laugh, so I think I have entered 'the club'.

Photos of today:


14-11-2008-angrywater
14-11-2008-bigdenise
14-11-2008-yeshiwassittinghere
14-11-2008-yeshiwassittinghere2
14-11-2008-delicatebrains

No comments: