As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, November 28, 2008

Pstpstpst

OK, that's less related to the beach - but certainly a part of the experience since I always seem to be bringing him food while I set out to the beach :D

When I first met Pstpstpst he approached me -or better, the tray with chicken on it- super cautiously. He was so afraid to come closer. So, even before I had the tray down on the floor near the dust bin downstairs, he had grabbed one piece of chicken out of it with a speed that lightening couldn't surpass. He then ran off with the meat, far away from me.....

Pstpstpst, those days (and that's not even so long ago) had a head that was larger than the width of his body. So his head looked h-u-g-e, but, in fact, it just meant he was so bloody skinny....

I decided I wanted to fatten him up and so.... I choose my groceries to fit what I could share with him. Mostly chicken though since he seemed to be crazy about that...

And now? After having fed him salmon (I eat 2/3rds and leave him 1/3) a few times, he became a snob!! I go down with my chicken and call out for him "pstpstpst" (hence the name I gave him) and he comes running to me -ever so fast... with those eyes having that look of "here's my saviour" and then, if it happens to be chicken I am bringing him..... he will pace around it, sniff at it, sit near it but... won't eat *_* He's waiting for salmon!!

I noticed though that soon as I leave the premises he will eat the chicken. But I think this is pretty chutzpani :D

One thing though: he is not afraid of me anymore ;-) He looks at me and comes very close to me as if he wants to be cuddled by me but I won't do that. My neighbor came past this morning and 'rrttssjjjjj' - he quickly splits (and came back to me soon as the neighbor was gone).

===

Ms.Cat was sleeping under the wavebreaker. Then... as I approached she opened her eyes and at the same time a howling as from a kitten came from the closed bar there and she quickly went in... It made me think she had kittens, but am not sure, I've never seen her with a 'belly'.

===

The sea was very energetic. Waves came rolling in one after the other ever so fast. It also wasn't all that warm near the sea (at least at the Nemaal, further down south it was warmer) so I didn't descend to my mezah but instead looked at his (the sea) performance from the boardwalk. "My" circle of fishermen were all there. David, Haim, Nissim, the other one whose name I forgot, Avi... and another one who's name I don't even know but see almost every day. They joked that I was late today and I was fired :D :D :D Well, I did impress them though by telling them about my journey to the Reading mezah last week.

===

Throwing my bread at the pigeons near the Opera Building on my way back I noticed a very, very beautiful one (they all are beautiful but this one extremely so) - the design and coloring of his feathers forced me to make a photo of him, plus another one that I found was walking so 'parmantig' it brought a smile to my face....


28-11-2008-pstpstpst
28-11-2008-pstpstpstsosweet
28-11-2008-pstpstpstblurred
28-11-2008-mostbeautifulpigeon
28-11-2008-pigeonwalkon

No comments: