As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, November 9, 2008

so many emotions....

are my part lately :-( I woke up, panic-struck. panic means turning around and around and not knowing what to do....

and so,

i did what i thought was the only thing i could do: i left for a walk to the beach/nemaal.

============================================================


The pressure starts falling off my shoulders soon as I "hit" the first 100 meters mark of walk. It is like magic. I am so grateful for that.

The Lapwings are back at the bridge over the Yarkon. They're so sweet. They "tjilp" on top of their voices and walk around nervously - compared to the other birds.... I miss the turtles though. Haven't seen them for a long time already.

At Fairytaletree I took a break from walking to sit on the bench - and.... wow...... I managed to take a reasonable looking photo of the tiny bird with the jumping tail on top of one of the flowers (photo 1 - pay attention to its tail sticking up, hahah)

If "quality time" can be defined, then it is quality time I spent under that specific tree. I wish I could find out his history: how he came to be planted there, where the seeds came from and everything else that could make me get 'acquainted' better.

Not too many people were at the Nemaal. That's the way I like it *blush*. What caught my attention straight away were the many medium sized fish that swam around the boardwalk where all fishermen only yesterday had been complaining about not seeing any fish at all. Like Murphy was at work here :D

The Kingfisher (Shaldag) - was busy tjilping and keeping an eye out for fish to catch and mostly running away from me - hahahhaha.... he's soooo cute.

There were no fishermen AT ALL at the wavebreaker. So I had a good time strolling it and singing songs that came up in my head. One of those songs is "our love is a lie" (instead of "our love is alive" - click please) - strange, but that's what's popping up in my head all the time. Probably has some hidden psychological meaning to it....

As I crossed the pond to get to Aroma-at-the-Beach (and my daily Cappucinno), I saw many crabs walking at the bottom of the water. Funny to think that the first time I saw a crab doing so I felt as if I was watching something extraordinary and until such time only seen on National Geographic channel (when I still had tv). Today many crabs were there at that bottom of the sea and some even showed their 'possessiveness' to a certain territory :) (photos hereunder)

"My" waiter ("C") and I got to get a bit more acquainted yet again. This gentle soul has brought me, without even realizing it - I think- so much 'hope' in my fellow-human beings....

Later on I felt ashamed of laughing at a term he mentioned "gay-beach" - and I wish I could tell him that it had nothing to do with "gays" and all the more with the stupid principle that a certain beach would be called for that. Like gays need a certain description......

When I got home I saw my brother in law sitting downstairs on the bench of the garden. We hugged and cried. We hugged and cried together. Life isn't a picknick and sometimes it is allowed to let go of emotions buried deep inside....

9-11-2008-birdonflower2
9-11-2008-walkingcrabs11
9-11-2008-walkingcrabs7
9-11-2008-walkingcrabs4

No comments: