As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Limbo days

In these days the waiting is proceeding towards coming to a closure. Still much uncertainty and things don't go the way I like at all but, I'm holding on to sanity by my daily (almost) walks to the sea and the time spent there.

I am blessed by the 'talent' to let my surroundings carry me away from the problems I am facing and thus make of this time of impasse with doom floating over it, a little bearable.

Needless to say I, again, today spent a long time under my Fairytaletree. I saw one huge "bulb" had fallen of a trench and I think that was sad - it should have matured and cascaded into that beautiful string of flowers that (amongst other things) makes this tree so special. I picked it up and it felt really hard, massive. Then I placed it back.... The tiny birds with their jumping tails, who almost completely disappear in the flowers of the tree when sucking from them, were all around me, chattering :-)

At my mezah a man and his son were fishing exactly where I use to sit. I don't know why but I truly didn't like that man. We never spoke a word but his presence was irritating. I think I spent over 3 hours there tho. The guppies were still there :-)

The sea itself looked more like an (huge) iceskate ring than anything having life in it. The surface was smooth without even as much as a ripple and had a 'shine' on it, just like ice has...

I took a photo of a cactus in a garden down the route to the beach. The strange thing about this cactus is that the Sabres growing on it are purple *_* I have never, ever seen purple Sabres before.....

I also took a photo of the little fish one passerby called 'sardines' LOL, opening their mouths in the air above the water, they looked soooo sweet.



8-11-2008-sealikeice
8-11-2008-purplesabres
8-11-2008-openmouthfish7
8-11-2008-openmouthfish3

No comments: