As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shag

On route I saw a beautiful, prickly looking red flower in the middle of a tree, so I photographed it. (photo 1) and further down I saw extremely cheerful looking orange Hibiscuses - so I photographed those as well: (photo 2).

As I was walking something making clicking sounds dived past my head and landed in front of my walking feet. I took a photo of it as well (photo 3) since I have no idea what this is. A cricket perhaps?

I can't even begin to describe the sea. There are just no words for it. He was just gorgeous: totally wild. I eyed a Shag (Sea Cormorant) landing on the waves and diving under only to totally disappear *_* I kept looking but he was 'gone'. Later I spotted him again swimming on the waves much further away from where he dove under. I read they can dive up to 45 meters under water... wow.... (photos 4, 5 & 6).

I always step aside to let people coming from the opposite direction pass me when walking - I am fed-up with that. Next time if people just keep on walking and rely on me stepping aside I just won't. If they want to 'bump', so be it: we will bump. And how, grrrrrrr!

29-11-2008-spikeyflowerintree
29-11-2008-orangehibiscus5
29-11-2008-whatisthis
29-11-2008-naughtycomorone3
29-11-2008-naughtycomorone5
29-11-2008-naughtycomorone6

3 comments:

Lirun said...

the first flower is a bottle brush - a native australian species..

Beachdiary said...

Thank you!!!!

Lirun said...

ur welcome