As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rabbinical Court & Prejudices

I was shaking of fear when I woke up this "morning" at around 03:00 a.m. - not at all looking forward to having to go to the Rabbinical Court since I am not an observant person and the one suing me is...

I was so relieved to find that true human beings rather than rigid iron machines, condemning everything and everybody not being religious, were the judges. I was called a "Bat Yisrael" - (because I am a gioret) by them (rather than the 'enemy of the Israeli Nation' as I get to hear day in-day out at home) and they were so considerate of my feelings.... OMG, what a difference from what I thought it would be. Still.... no decision though :-( Another few months of waiting.

I left for the sea straight after the 2 hour session at the court to 'let go' of the pressures that had built up inside of me. But while I was thinking about having some secluded quality time with the sea... I was wrong. One fisherman came towards me almost as soon as he spotted me. I don't remember him at all, don't remember faces very well ever anyway. But, he started talking to me as if I was supposed to know him for ages already and ----- surprise, surprise: I thoroughly enjoyed the more than 2 hours talking with him. He is an 'observing' (of the surroundings) person like me and when I go every two minutes like "LOOK!! at that" at something around me - he was even worse than me and drew my attention to numerous very fascinating things happening around us.

Well, who knows.... maybe he is "friend material" :-)

Photos of - the poor big fish I spotted and was wounded by who-knows-what and definitely in the last hours of his life.

of - the foam that had formed on the wall covering the boardwalk that accumulated there because -as I was told- some factory on the banks of the Yarkon river had been caught on fire and firefighters used soap to extinghuish the fire - soap that floaded down to the sea eventually because that's where the Yarkon ends... I also saw many dead fish :-( What soap do they use??

of - the sunset I witnessed both near Hilton beach (the sun fired his rays directly at me - or, just to make me feel good: so it seemed :p ) and I entered the building site of the new Gordon pool construction site and shot the setting sun through the masts of the sailing boats moored at the marina directly behind it.

of - a man performing 'exercises' on a cord between two poles at the beach. it was a pleasure to watch him...

11-11-2008-bighurtfish4
11-11-2008-bighurtfish2
11-11-2008-soapsea6
11-11-2008-soapsea5
11-11-2008-sunrays2me3
11-11-2008-sunrays2me4
11-11-2008-chordwalkingman2