As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, November 16, 2008

From Hell to Paradise

Everything went wrong this morning. Whatever I laid my hands on broke, fell and smashed into pieces. Literally e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It really made me rather wanna skip this day, but then.... I would have missed a phone-call later on from someone whom I have known and is my family for 31 years already that finally gave me the feeling I am not alone....

This has been a weird day - and that's an understatement.

After the gloomy feeling that kept lingering on since yesterday all through this morning when all those things went wrong I 'cheered' a little bit 'up' when talking with Ra'isa (my pedicurist) after noon. I like her a lot and I know she likes me. The hour in where she made my feet baby-soft as if I don't walk every day many kilometers passed like a few seconds because of the lively conversations we have. She is in a sort of similar position as I find myself in.

When walking to the Nemaal afterwards I discovered a glove in the Ayalon (I think that all this time I mistakingly called the Ayalon the Yarkon, *blush*). I felt a bit insulted that the glove that was floating on the surface of the water was sticking out his middle finger to me :D :D :D

On the wavebreaker, a fisherman that I know started to tell me his life story and the converstation suddenly turned very strange - I won't repeat here what he said but, so I will remember later on what I mean, I will just write that I could "always take him up on his offer". Sometimes I think I am too naive...

I had a sandwich sitting on my mezah, and cappuccino of course, and then had the phone-call. Suddenly my spirits were lifted a zillion kilometers high. It won't probably bring me a solution but it did give me recognition from someone who has known me for over 31 years....

So, when I saw the kitesurfers (their kites rather) against the incredible magnificent skies that was bathing in the sunset - I was walking on feathers, I was over the moon and I felt like in Paradise.

The photos show what I mean with Paradise and maybe explain why I really don't want to leave it:

16-11-2008-paradise5
16-11-2008-paradise3
16-11-2008-paradise6
16-11-2008-amanandhiskite_1
16-11-2008-middlefingerglove

No comments: