As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, August 24, 2008

tripping along. . .

Left late: 07:20 it said on the clock on the building before leaving Ramat-Gan and 26 degr. C.

Nothing, but that means absolutely NOTHING, was to be experienced at the Yarkon bridge. Too early? The trains came and left as (probably) scheduled though..

Saw again a nice collector's car. (photo 1)

A fisherman I got to know quite well over the last few months told me that he had just caught a crab (very much bigger than the ones I watch at my mezah) - and when I asked what is the deal with them he told me that after they die he takes out the meat to use as bait. He showed me a Denise he caught just half an hour before I arrived and he was very proud about it :-)

When I arrived at the 'rocks' at the end of the wavebreaker (photo 2) I was SO relieved to Ms. Cat again. The last time I saw her she looked dirty and depressed (in my eyes) and non-respondent - but this time, on the rocks, she yawned at me as if to say she's doing what she's doing and that is her decision and hers alone. Then, after some pleading from my side :D - she decided to come to me and honor me with her (VERY close - photo 3) presence. We had some (re)bonding time together at the balustrade (photo 4) and then I asked her to come along the wavebreaker. Which she, kindly, responded to. My surprise was big when Mr. Kingfisher decided to join us (photo 5) . Ms. Cat didn't express any of the hunting signs she usually shows when seeing birds around and sat docile at my feet watching Mr. Kingfisher watching the sea (for fish).

At a certain point two people (very annoying, Russians - don't they ever notice other people?) a father and (small) son came along and Mr. Kingfisher zoomed out of view while bidding "ciao" (photo 6).

At my mezah I was all by myself (finally) with the sea. I noticed a cunchia (snale-house) (photo 7) and I touched it very, very gently to see if I could pick it up. I couldn't. So, I left it. But... afterwards noticed that it moved itself, very, very, very.......excruciatingly(!) slowly.... I thought that was rather sweet. Such primitive life and knowing what is best to survive... Nature is awesome.

On my way back home I crossed the pond and saw the Snow Egret pleading to the fishermen to not forget him and throw him some (small) fish ... (photo 8). And, who can describe my surprise, Mr. Kingfisher showed one last time - to pose? After all the frustration I went through trying to catch him for the camera he now makes it his mission to become my very own personal photomodel? (photos 9 and 10)

Life is beautiful at the sea. Now I gotta learn to carry some of that feelings with me into 'everyday' life and let it sweeten my days.


24-8-2008-car
24-8-2008-catyawn
24-8-2008-catcloseupevenmore
24-8-2008-catiknowimbeautiful
24-8-2008-kingfishercametosayhello
24-8-2008-kingfisherciao
24-8-2008-snailstuck3
24-8-2008-snowegretnearfishermen
24-8-2008-kingfisherhowdie
24-8-2008-kingfisherfly2