As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The sea is always there. I can be mad at him, or perhaps he at me, but he won't run away. He was there before me and will be there after me. Somehow that feels very comforting. One element in life that won't suddenly disappear...

Afternoon walks to the beach aren't that enjoyable as those in the mornings. There is lots of traffic on the road, humidity is high and the sun relentless in the summer. Photo 1 of people going home after a day's work. Stuck in traffic. Stuck...

The rocks behind the wavebreaker were covered with crabs today. Impossible to see at the photo and even standing right in front of it one has to concentrate to see them. So, photo 2 of the rocks and photo 3 showing their remarkable hiding color that blends totally in with the color of the rocks.

I took one of those bright pink, plastic chairs from the boulevard and sat myself down on "my" mezah in seclusion with the sea - and the crabs, of course - in their little pool near the stairs. This time they did get out of hiding and paraded some 20 to 30 centimeters away from me in my chair. Funny how this happened, unbelievable really - it can't be that they're used to me, of course. However when a boy came running down those stairs at a certain moment within one split second they hid in their hiding places again.. until he was gone.

After the sun had set, and I was soaking wet I returned the chair to the boulevard and had a coffee-to-go from Aroma at the Beach - drinking it was nice, since with my wet clothes on it actually was a bit "cool".

There was a wedding at a restaurant on the boulevard and later I met a large group of shouting and chanting people holding banners with "Putin is a murderer" - so, I figured they were Georgians demonstrating against Russia's president.

Photos attached....


14-8-2008-onthewayhome
14-8-2008-crabrock
14-8-2008-crabschutkleur
14-8-2008-sunset
14-8-2008-weddingatnemaal
14-8-2008-Georgiers-demonstrating

No comments: