As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mr. Mysteriousbird posed for me...

Left house late (on purpose) - and when I passed that building telling time and temperature I saw it already was 08:20 and 28 degrees C. Just entering Tel-Aviv...

There was a Snow Egret gathering at the banks of the Yarkon. At least 30 of them were present. I also noticed one being of a larger version than the Snow Egret and having grayish backfeathers. I assume that is the 'regular' Egret - whom I had not seen here before. Quite an impressive bird.

The Lapwings were having a loud fight under the bridge - the hollow space there made their shrieks sound even louder. Later they continued the fight in mid-air.

And, of course, Mr. Mysteriousbird came flying past with a sound barrier breaking speed... So, I had given up on ever getting him on picture. I thought he was just a too nervous bird to sit still for a few seconds. But then *_*

when I reached the beach and looked over the balustrade he came flying upwards right in my face and landed opposite me on the brink of the wall of the boardwalk and........ stayed sitting there for so long that it was me (after like 100 photos taken of him) wanting to change positions. So, I walked up to where he sat (5 or so meters away) and climbed over the balustrade (surprising myself with the ease I did that as well, since the balustrade is quite high at that point) - But then he flew away... While sitting on the balustrade he came back, Yesh! Sat real close to me and took off several more times while keep on coming back - until he disappeared. When he took off - he flew real low, almost ON the sea and it looked like he disappeared into the waves -

On the mezah -while sitting in my bright, pink, plastic chair - a fisherman I have never seen before kept on looking at me. Later he came to me and wanted to chat - he was bored he said and asked me several times to come sit near him. I kept refusing politely but he really got me angry when he used the word "motek". Iechssss..... Even his offering me borekas (with hands that previously held worms) couldn't make me be more friendly. We -fishermen and I- usually say our niceties (goodmorning, showing a little interest in the catch so far, etc.) but we know from each other we need our own space - our own time with the sea. This was a fake fisherman. Although he did catch 2 fish, LOL.


23-8-2008-mysteriousbird16
23-8-2008-mysteriousbird23
23-8-2008-mysteriousbird24

No comments: