As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, August 29, 2008

At 09:30, in 31 degrees C. and with a humidity in the air that left me breathless, I walked up to the bridge over HaYarkon. When I looked down at the murky water I saw a lot of action was there underneath the surface. I saw many, many fish swimming around (even though the water is so murky and muddy) but the Egrets (who were sitting on the banks) were not interested in them. They were probably too big. I also saw -very faintly at first- the turtle pass by again - this time deeper under water (what made it so difficult to spot him) but later definitely recognizable.


The photos:

1. & 2. Of that remarkable flower on that remarkable tree before the bridge, that this time was visited by plenty of wasps..
3. Of an apartment building on Abba Hillel Rd., that I think is so ugly it deserved a photo.
4. Of some trenches that were cut off from a tree on route to the beach. It was swarmed by wasps who are hardly noticeable on the photo - and when I tried to make more than two photos the wasps decided it was enough and chased me away.
5. Of a tiny dead fish on the wavebreaker.
6. Of the dirt people threw in the waters of the pond (I think there was a party last-night there and the party-goers are bad, ignorant people by littering the waters, GRRRR)
7. Of the front of a house in Allenby which I find beautiful.

The beach was hot and humid, but at my mezah it was nice. Windy, cooling sea and... two kids fishing and the smallest of them throwing his hook almost in my face numerous times... I was happy when they left and my face was still in tact.


29-8-2008-wasp3
29-8-2008-wasp2
29-8-2008-uglybuilding
29-8-2008-waspsbarley
29-8-2008-tinydeadfish
29-8-2008-waterpolution
29-8-2008-allenbybuilding

No comments: