As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Experiences

Trying to get the Pied Kingfisher while standing on the bridge yet again (and again failing) but viewing a spectacular performance of at least 25 Snow Egrets standing in line as the real professional fishermen instead a tall, shabby looking figure was pacing up and down very near me. He looked like a druggie and with no other people around that early in the morning (except the occasional car passing by) I didn't like him watching me all the time, but it didn't bother me much either as long as he stayed away from me. Then... to my surprise a police van stopped and he was greeted by the policemen as a colleague. I bet he went on an undercover mission LOL. (Just letting my imagination run free here) :D
Anyway, it is final now: I don't like this camera. There is no way I can get Peewee (who was still sleeping when I arrived and looked so adorable that I really wanted it on camera) sharply on a photo. I tried all the settings and nothing works. Darn. Neither the Pied Kingfisher who I caught sitting on a wall and turned out blurred as well, grain is the problem here I think. Zooming in on 16 seems to make everything I want to photograph vague. Grrrrr.

The camera did get an interesting capture of a flying Egret though. The Egret itself can hardly be seen but its motion is rather euhm.... intriguing.

At the Aroma at the beach the personnel drew a heart over the cream of my coffee and gave me 2 chocolates instead of one. That was soooo cute. I hated to give the chocolates back because it was such a nice gesture. But I don't eat them...

Near "my" place on the pier men were pressure-spraying the wooden railing with water to clean it. One stopped as I walked by but I gestured him to please go on and let the cloud of microscopic waterdrops that was blowing away from it make me wet - it was very refreshing (after the more than one-hour walk from Ramat-Gan). As the water from those hoses sprayed away the dirt from the railing it landed in the sea. The Dutch expression "carrying water to the sea" took on a different meaning here :D

Later one of the men came up to me at my "hide-out" and asked very politely if I minded if he came to sit there with me for a while. It seems that I finally have learned to differentiate between the 'nice people' and the 'creeps' because I said "yes, fine - OK" and we had a very friendly conversation about all the subjects in the world - very enjoyable. I also told him he has a great job and I mean that for 100%.

There was this tickling feeling on my leg and instinctively I reached for it. I looked and I saw a creeping bug fall near my foot. He quickly regained his posture and came creeping up (one stair) to where I was sitting again and so I got up and let him pass. He crossed exactly where my butt had been before and went up the other side of the wall. So weird, because in front and behind me there was all the place in the world for him to pass to the other side but he stubbornly chose exactly where I sat (and risking the chance being killed).

5-8-2008-egretflyingtrail
5-8-2008-piedkingfisher2
5-8-2008-sprayingwaterinthesea
5-8-2008-creepybug

No comments: