As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, August 8, 2008

Is it true? Can it really be? This is my feeling since y'day afternoon. I write this down, just so I remember later... and will never forget the 'before" and the "after" concerning what I was told yesterday. Whatever developments will be, will never forget this intense feeling of gratefulness. Never, ever take it for granted.... or worse, complain later on.
Photo 1 shows my feelings. Because, obviously that ("my" pier) is where I went to first thing afterwards... And, photo 2 of the Egret looking at himself in the puddle of water on 'my' mezah - seemed as if he flew there especially to be with me for the occasion.

When I turned away from the sight of the sea and the skies finally yesterday evening I was stunned: thousands of people had gathered on the boulevard, there were (artificial) colored lights everywhere and voices and laughter... and so nothing like it looks like in the morning. I felt as if I opened a door and stepped into a surprise party: you don't expect anyone to be there and then....

The sea was very calm this morning. I left late cause went to sleep late y'day - but still there weren't many people on the beach. It's because of the 9 days before the Tish'a be-Av (a fast-day 2moro) I think.

Nevertheless, one of the fishermen ventured out on the (now calm) mezah and caught a Karash. He was so proud, I felt obliged to photograph him (only the fish) because he saw me busy with the camera and sorta made all movements to get into view. Sooooo :D (photo 3)

I caught the fishermen in a row (photo 4) on camera and when walking back via the pond I saw a huge flock of the smallest fish I ever seen (well away from the rods of the fishermen, LOL) (photo 5).

Listening to Glickeria (Matana cd) and placing these photos makes me happy.




7-8-2008-f1-sunset
7-8-2008-c1-egret
8-8-2008-fishermen3
8-8-2008-fish4

No comments: