As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Teasing me

Had to wear my little black chinese shoes for my walk to the beach today because the straps of my sandals had broken again. I just now bought my 3rd pair of the very same sandals at Shuk HaCarmel. The first pair I bought were size 39 and those made me trip all the time since they were too long, so when I bought the 2nd pair I made sure I took size 38. Since those sandals have been totally outworn and a strap broke as well and the basta at the Shuk didn't have size 38 anymore I am now wearing 37. And they fit nicely. Strange though how 3 different sizes fit me...

The sea had a glimmer on him I had never seen before. Like a glaze over the surface, a thin film of not shining shine... (photo 1).

Though quite late (left at 06:30) There were practically no people at the boulevard (boardwalk). I could actually "sing" (I call it singing) without anyone hearing me. I enjoyed that :p When I reached the end of the ramp and did my usual check-up on the crabs at the rocks a bird I have never seen before came to sit less than 1 meter away from me. He was soooo beautiful. He had a brown/white patched chest and deep-blue, very shiny, wings and a long, thin beak. He also had a little fish in his beak. I so much wanted to photograph him but knew the moment I reach for my backpack he'd fly away. And, that is what happened.... But, that's not all. It felt like he was on a teasing mission. Teasing me that is... Because when I started to walk towards "my" mezah I saw him again. He was sitting there as if to say "look, and see that you cannot photograph me" - and he was right. (photos 2 & 3) - Hardly noticeable but the best I could do..... And still that wasn't enough for him because later on, after I had spent a few hours on "my" mezah and was walking towards the "commercial" stretch of the sea towards Shuk HaCarmel - I bent down over the balustrade of the boardwalk to look down to the sea and up from underneath me he flew.... less than 1 meter away from me - who was totally unprepared for that. He was definitely teasing me...

The underwater rocks near "my" mezah are covered with whatever - and look very pleasing to the eye so I tried to make a photo of that as well - only to discover that soon as I took out the camera the rocks that had been uncovered by sea water until then were continuously being drowned by the sea again :D (photo 4)

In the little puddle at 'my' mezah I always see crabs of all different sizes, colors and designs, except for white crabs - but when I see dead crabs they are always 'white'. I wonder if white crabs are just more vulnerable and accident prone or if crabs, of all colors, turn white after they die? I can't find anything on internet about that...(photo 5)

At first the clouds were all over but when the day turned into "your regular" August summerday again - the skies were amazingly high. (photo 6). That is one thing about Israel (perhaps the Middle East?) - because those high skies I never saw in the Netherlands for example. I love high skies...

And then, just before turning into the Shuk, I decided to make 2 photos of the grafiti (rather wall paintings) that I see every time I go to Shuk HaCarmel (photos 7 & 8)...


21-8-2008-seashimmer
21-8-2008-mysteriousbird
21-8-2008-mysteriousbird2
21-8-2008-rockgrow
21-8-2008-crabdead
21-8-2008-highskies
21-8-2008-danielstgrafiti
21-8-2008-danielstgrafiti2

No comments: