As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, August 15, 2008

Dock of the Bay

...sitting on, ...... that is (click here for song) ... being the pond really, but close enough. This is the song going thru my head this morning over and over and over and... again while watching the view as shown in photo #1. Waiting for H. to call me. Sipping my take-away cappuccino. Watching the flocks of fish right underneath me in the greenish water, schooling together, them letting the soft current sway them forwards and backwards.. thinking about how people come, and go, and asking myself what's really important and not finding the answer to that question... but being at peace about that anyway, finally. . .

Later on when I was on route to meet H. at Dizengoff Center I passed the religious beach and it was "men's day" there today. There were so many. Many fathers, many sons - little children. No mothers, no sisters.... obviously. Although I accept the segregation of people choosing to live a certain life-style according to presumable religious rules, I will never understand how they can opt to have an enjoyable day with their 'same gender' fellow human beings rather than with their own, mixed gender, family. On the other hand, I can fully understand that mom must have commanded husband and sons to get the hell out of the house quickly so she at least can get on with her chores for the preparation of Shabbat, LOL. Photo doesn't show the crowdedness but gives a small impression. I've never seen so many people together in such a small stretch of sea. Like ants....


15-8-2008-sittingonthedockofthebay
15-8-2008-religioussectorswimming3

1 comment:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.