As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Relax

Yesterday I left the house real early and on my way to the beach saw a rabbit. I was real surprised because I never see rabbits in downtown Tel-Aviv, so here's a photo to remind me it really happened.

Today went back to Jaffa to check some things out I need to know. I made a small detour to enjoy a garden in Jaffa's tourist center and it was real lovely because of the early hour there was absolutely no-one else there except for me and the gardeners. And of course, the birds... I even ventured out on the Wishing Bridge (stand on it, touch your zodiac sign, look at the sea, make a wish and it will come true).

I also saw the reconstruction (or whatever it is called, renovation... ) of the old Jaffa railwaystation. The guard let me in at the building site (against the boss's orders LOL) - and said he would have given me 'the tour' around the grounds but it was forbidden for outsiders to enter the terrain and 'the boss' had surveillance cameras installed so he was really sorry he couldn't let me enter the site any further than the entrance of the building of the railwaystation itself and even that was forbidden. Sweet man ;-)

After having walked from Ramat-Gan to Jaffa and back to Tel-Aviv I decided I deserved a pinuk. So I bought a newspaper and sat myself down at a beach-restaurant and ordered twice a double espresso with milk. And, although there was a gathering on the stairs towards the restaurant directly 2 meters away from me (5 women, loads of small children and one man who looked pretty helpless in view of the rest of the lot) I enjoyed the noise of voices, the sea, the coffee, the newspaper, the shade and simply relaxed.



12-8-2008-rabbit2
13-8-2008-hazytelaviv
13-8-2008-jaffastatuelookingthru
13-8-2008-railwaystationjaffaentrance
13-8-2008-railwaystationjaffaonphoto
13-8-2008-wishingbridge
13-8-2008-relax

No comments: