As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Monday, August 4, 2008

He came closer

Yayyy - the Snow-Egret I mean. I was totally unprepared for this vote of confidence coming from a(wild) bird. While I sat watching the fishermen at the pond (not the wavebreaker this time) - he sat about 5 meters away from me and then..... he started walking into my direction and never stopped walking until he stood right in front of me. I was sooooooo honored. I was afraid to move even.
He stayed well within my handreach for as long as it took (for a dog to come running and thus him flying off) and that was certainly over 10 minutes that I had a rendez-vous with a Snow-Egret. A fisherman threw a small fish at him and he ate it (tried to swallow it whole rather) right in front of me....
The sea was relatively calm today, though at "my" pier he played up from time to time throwing his waves over it. The last photo is of the place I would like to stand -near the pier- holding on to that pole and getting soaking wet :D (if I find a solution for my backpack in the form of someone to watch over it in the meanwhile).



4-8-2008-egretcameclose2me
4-8-2008-egreteatingfish
4-8-2008-egretstaring
4-8-2008-egretshowingoff
4-8-2008-pierwash

No comments: