As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Peace amidst the noise

Left around 05:00 a.m. - it was still (very) dark and I can see it becomes light later than a while ago. Bridge totally dark so walked on. Peewee was still sleeping. Got my coffee from another place since Aroma at the Beach only opens at 07:00 a.m. and it was way earlier than that. Although there were already (a handful of) people there this small cat sitting all alone right in the middle of the boardwalk attracted my attention straight away. (photo 1) When I came closer and she or he started rubbing his or her head against my backpack on the floor near her I noticed she had a hurt leg. The poor little thing :-( I was contemplating what I could do for her but am sure that if I would have picked her up she or he would struggle to get free, and besides... what would picking her or him up help?

At "my" place I immediately noticed the bright pink plastic chair at the pier and I decided to descend the (4) stairs and sit on it, though I was a bit scared still. And yes, as I just sat there the sea drove his waves gently over the floor of the pier only wetting my feet and as I felt more comfortable I noticed the build-up of fierce waves right in front (and what was more "scary" on the same level I was sitting on) of the pier.

As time passed and fierce and gentle waves took turns in reaching me I started to relax. But in such way as I haven't felt relaxed in a long, long, long time..... It must have felt the same as people taking tranquilizers or having a massage or yoga or something. A total mental cleansing experience. Awesome. Simply awesome.

The muscles of my shoulders feel a hundred times better than after exercise or sleep - it is just a miracle really, all tension has gone (for as long as it takes of course).

Of course the crabs didn't get out of hiding because I was sitting there, but two of them did mistakingly venture out (one of them right next to me) only to quickly return into their hiding spots when they noticed me, LOL.

Photos of the sea, of the cat, of the Jasmine bush that is growing on the boulevard and whose odeur I distinctly smelled as I walked past it (plus one of new Jasmine buds), of this thing (don't know what it's called) where ships tie on to in the pond because of the sunray on it that gave me a 'warm' feeling, and of my foot because I thought it so cute a string of seaweed (growing on the mezah) had landed there....

Today I am sure that Snow-Egrets don't like to get wet. I suspected it for a while already, observing them, but I am sure now that the Snow-Egret who came visiting me at the pier today acted like a prima-donna haughtily, but gracefully, jumping away from each and every wave/watersplash the sea threw her way.

9-8-2008-sea-d
9-8-2008-sea-h
9-8-2008-sea-n
9-8-2008-catallalonewithhurtleg
9-8-2008-jasmine
9-8-2008-jasminebuds
9-8-2008-tieboatplace
9-8-2008-myfootwithweed

No comments: