As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Escapado

Woke up at 03:30 and no way could I sleep again and thus left the house at 04:30 in order to go see the sea in the dark. It was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!!! There were almost no people in the streets and as I reached the bridge over the Yarkon I decided to be bold and start singing out loud. I felt awkward but also brave at the same time for doing something I thought I'd never dare :D

Unfortunately, due to natural causes I had to fast walk the rest of the way over to the Nemaal. Unfortunately x 2, the place at the Nemaal that could offer me relieve was closed. Restrooms open only at 06:00, grrrrrrr. Luckily enough the girl in Aroma-at-the-beach who knows me by now told me to use their facilities which is very sweet of her because I honestly wouldn't have enjoyed the scenery and peace around me if that would have bothered me.

So, it was 05:30 and dark and I saw the new day begin at the sea - AWESOME!!! The youtube clip expresses a tiny little bit of the feeling of 'escape' (into my breathtaking surroundings) that I felt.

Funny little things:
- when later on I went to Aroma to get a coffee the girl behind the counter asked me, before I could utter even a single word, "Large capuccino to take?" - Darn... so embarassing... I don't even have to give my order in any more. I shyly smiled at the fisherman I was with as if it had nothing to do with me :D

- after all the fishermen I know shook my hand yesterday and we wished each other a 'Shana Tova", today one of them came over to me and shook my hand again and wished me a "Shana Tova" again as well. I love this. It means there are people out there that are even more senile than me :D Besides this fisherman is one of my heroes: he descends on my mezah when nobody else dares because of the wild sea the last few days - including me.

1. clip of the escapado-feeling
2. blurry photo of the boardwalk in the dark (remnants of the night before - there still were dressed up party-goers there, mostly youth)
3. two rods in the dark
4. my mezah around 06:00 a.m.
5. the skies around that time
6. the skies as the darkness started to draw away later on
7. the sea splashing against the little shack at the end of the big pier



1-10-2008-boardwalk@nite
1-10-2008-tworodsatnite
1-10-2008-urlymorningsea2
1-10-2008-urlymorningsky
1-10-2008-burningskies3
1-10-2008-splash

No comments: