As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Freedom feelings

Left house at 07:00 a.m. and arrived at the Nemaal at 08:00 a.m. (I know because someone there asked me for the time). On Nordau I spotted the little bird I have been seeing around a lot lately and have no idea what it is. So here (photo 1) is he, parmantig (there's no English word for that) "crossing the road".

I couldn't believe my eyes: there were almost no people in the Nemaal. And totally none on my mezah. I quickly bought a Capuccino (this gets boring to read but I can't help it: the waiter at Aroma-at-the-beach saw me coming and asked if I was going to order ice-shoko because he wanted to give me an employees-discount again. These small friendly things simply melt my heart. I think that's so unbelievably sweet. So, I have to write this down) and sped towards the end of my mezah.

After a few schlucks I decided to lay down some but after a while I paid attention that there was a continuous clicking sound under or near my head. When I elevated my head a bit I saw a small dead crab that probably had been lying under my neck or on top of my head under my hair. I was shocked :-( I thought I had killed it :-( I pay so much attention not to step on the tiny little black shells that are cluttered all over the mezah because I know crabs hide in and under there and here I was having killed a crab with my head :-(

Only later, after having 'buried' the crab in the sea, I found out I couldn't have killed it and it probably was dead all along. He was totally white and crabs can't turn white so fast -like in 10 minutes or so- after dying. As I laid back again I could still hear the clicking sound ocassionally near my ear, so it must be that those little black shells make this sound every so often because there was nothing else there but them.

It was a very liberating morning :-) No-one around wherever I looked around me (except 2 or 3 fishermen on the big mezah who I pretended weren't there) - and a feeling of total freedom - opposite the vastness of the gorgeous sea and shiny schools of free fish that came swimming past all the time. Janis Joplin was wrong. Freedom is not just another word for nothing left to lose. No way! Freedom is the most exhilerating feeling there is.

On the way back I saw this beauty (photo 2). I talked to him (I bet nobody would like to be caught dead with me - I am such a huge embarassment in that aspect) - but did not stroke him because how can I be sure he would like that, so I won't force those things. As I was talking to him I thought "I wonder why he raises his tail?"................... Well, I soon found out, LOL. Wow, does that smell, hahahaha


19-10-2008-zhut-kadima
19-10-2008-mr-beautiful

No comments: