As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, October 31, 2008

Yesterday evening Zaza (my neighbor) and me walked to the Nemaal. Only that Zaza didn't know she was going to walk there :D She tought we were going to take a bus and do the walk on the Tayelet. It was only half way down the route that she told me this. Hahahhaha.... But she was great - never complained and to my repeated question to inquire if she was tired she consistently answered 'no'. Still, I could see the look of surprise on her face LOL. Earlier yesterday afternoon H. had already told me over the phone I am "lo normali" for letting a first time 'walker' walk "so far".

We had so much fun. We laughed the whole time eventhough her life story ain't that funny at all... We were constantly making fun of ourselves and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Humor is like a vitamin shot to me and wow... did I get a lot of vitamins yesterday-evening. We also both agreed that we were both born too early in time with all those handsome young men around and about, because in 'our days' men weren't that goodlooking (sorry, male contemporaries :p ) -

We walked for four solid hours (she walks slow) and I think she was exhausted when we were back home. I could have walked on for another 4 hours..... I also tried to tempt her to climb the crane in front of our house but I think I need some more time for that since it was met with an absolute 'no' :D

Today I set out early again and it was wonderful to be able to wear my sandals again instead of having my feet locked up in closed shoes. It was very cool when I left (around 6:15) but it warmed up gradually. And, although I had myself splashed wet again by the now much cooler sea, many people are wearing long sleeves and even jackets "because it is winter". Wellll..... *_* it was 26 degrees!!

On the way I saw this Bulbul (photo 1) who must have tought he was a star performer since not only had he positioned himself on top of the world (the peak of a palm tree rather) but he also sang so loud that I couldn't possibly have walked passed without noticing him.

I spoke with 2 fishermen I know (the rest wasn't there, not even my fisherwoman -the one that feeds first class shoarma to the fish). Fish was "slow". They complained.... (as usual). As I walked on I saw the remains of a crab on the wavebreaker :-( (photo 2).

The waiter at AotB was not working behind the counter when I ordered my Capucinno but he told the girl who took my order to give me an employee's discount. I keep on being touched by this gesture. I think it is soooo sweet. I also wonder why I am so lucky to receive this special treatment.

On my mezah were 2 fishermen I don't know but they didn't bother me and I laid down and acted as if I were alone. The sun was mildy warm and the water was cool. I had a crab creep up to my legs that were dangling down the side of the mezah and we both scared "da shit" out of each other. That was rather funny because we simultaneously 'withdrew'. Hahhaha... An Egret was parading on the big mezah and together with the rays of the sun made for a great photo (photo 3).

In the pond I noticed a rather big fish between all the small and medium sized ones that were swimming around with sunshine on their shoulders - this fish had no sunshine on his shoulders and when I looked closer saw that his tail was missing and was a bloody mess (photo 4). Poor fish......

And the last photo (5) is of a woman I saw a few times before that I photographed because it goes into my file of 'praying on the beach' - When I first saw people praying on the beach I thought it was rather 'strange', but after some thought, if people meditate, jog, walk, dance and do yoga on the beach, why not pray as well?


31-10-2008-bulbul
31-10-2008-tornupcrab2
31-10-2008-watchingdabay3
31-10-2008-sorefish2
31-10-2008-prayingatthebeach

No comments: