As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bubbling mezah

Wanted to leave the house at 05:00 but then thought that since I hate to make myself rules why not leave just when I feel like and so left at around 07:00. It was nice walking in daylight for a change :D

On my way I saw an old car for sale (collector's item it was written on it) and called a model '63 Vallente (or something like that, see photo 1) - What I thought was funny was that on the "for sale" card written was "all buttons are new" :D

I spoke with my fisherwoman who always fish from the boardwalk and she told me that the reason why fishing has become meager compared to previous years is because fishermen don't let the small fish grow. But the truth is that I always see fishermen throwing the small fish back into the sea (or give some to the Egrets who seem to have disappeared completely from the scene now I think of it).

Icecoffee at Aroma (not only beach) is not tasty. In the past I have bought it once at Aroma on Ibn Gvirol and didn't like it and this morning at Aroma-at-the-beach I didn't like it either. There isn't even a coffee taste to it. Not complaining though. Everything else I have had from Aroma thus far tasted very good.

I don't know if I will hurt any feelings here (in the rare case that a Chinese person is reading this) because that's not my intention but, when I came down the wavebreaker and looked into the direction of crab-rock where Ms.Cat is usually lying around I saw a few Chinese men and my heart skipped a beat *blush*. I don't think there is much truth in Chinese eating catmeat (or hunting for them) but still I am ashamed to admit this was the first thing I thought about when I saw those men near those particular rocks.

Again, like in the past few times I have encircled the pond there were thousands, or ten-thousands or perhaps maybe hundred-thousands of little fish swimming around in it. With the sun shining down on them under the water it looked as if they were sunbathing (basking?) and offered such a breathtaking view that I again had to take a photo (photo 2) of it. Still... it is nothing like it looked like with the naked eye when it looks so vibrant and vivid.

After I had settled on my mezah's end and got myself wet by the splashing of the waves I found out from a fisherman there the reason why the water was a lot colder than it was yesterday. He said he had seen the 'heat' evoparize from the sea yesterday evening. Like a misty cloud hang over the sea, he said.

The mezah was very busy today. With two tiny new fisher"men" joining the 'sport'. One of them couldn't have been much taller than one meter and both were absolutely a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!! Both listened to their father's instructions with a seriousness that kept me hiding my face so they wouldn't see my smile.

And then.......... the most 'cursed' (well no actual curses but every fishermen's grunt) fishers came floating towards the mezah's end on a rubber boat. Net-fishermen. All came together to receive them and looked what they had caught. The largest fish I noticed was a "Shula" as a kind fisherman told me later and the rest didn't look that 'big' to me and were actually Karas's. One of the net-fishermen trying to unraflle the Karas from the net got stung by it and I could see with my own eyes how much that must have hurt since he didn't even wink a brow when both of his knees got wounded coming onland (on the mezah) but his face wringed for a long time afer the stang.

Photos of the commotion at the mezah:


11-10-2008-Valente-orso
11-10-2008-fishies4
11-10-2008-smallfisherman
11-10-2008-netfishing4
11-10-2008-netfishing3
11-10-2008-netfishing2
11-10-2008-netfishing

ah, also: the 'seacat' (hatul yam) of yesterday - in english is called a skate. thanks to SH.

No comments: