As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Monday, October 27, 2008

Drama-day

Had bad mood so decided to walk to the Nemaal before going to work and perhaps I could see the sea in the rain. Little did I know, when I complained to myself while walking in the sun that this was the second day in a row that I missed the rain, I would end up soaking wet - with water pouring off me and my clothes clinging to me like a second skin. It started with a few drops at the Yarkon (photo 1) where I stopped just a bit to see the Egrets sitting in the rain but soon it turned into a Mabul (with capital M).

Israel's rain always consists of Guliver raindrops, sooo big and fat. While everybody seemed to have vanished from the streets (at least on my route) and only cars raced passed me, I couldn't suppress it and started 'singing' ("my spirit holds the secret I won't be alone, I'll love and live more... love and live forever") and there was absolutely nobody who could hear me (luckily) - This, together with the pounding of the rain on me, gave me a feeling of total, utter freedom..... a being one with nature, impossible to describe in words.

I wanted to walk the big mezah right up until the end, but a fisherman I have never seen before became so desperate trying to stop me from it that I gave in to him :-) So I just stood there at the beginning and it was pure bliss... The sea had turned grey and sounded as if he groaned more than was 'angry' but the wind was fierce and together they made for the best concert I could have wished for.

Photo 2 of the sea and photo 3 of the pond, both in the rain.

Only when I started walking to work I noticed that walking in a thoroughly wet tight jeans is not really all that comfortable. Not to speak about my feet that literally swam in the sneakers I was wearing. So, I made a small stop at Shuk HaCarmel and got a real good deal on a pushjt jeans and a pair of new sneakers.

The skies were very dramatic today.... just like the phone call I got from my lawyer. Those skies and that phone call made a perfect match.... Pure drama.

photo 4 of the skies and 5 of a kite with Jaffa in the background.

Then, when I saw this (photo 6) ad I had to laugh so much in myself... it truly was a 'climax' - to see that all of the energy of Amsterdam was contained in a tin of beverage.

27-10-2008-yarkonraindropsandegrets
27-10-2008-searaindrops
27-10-2008-pondinrain
27-10-2008-magnificentskies5
27-10-2008-kyteandjaffa2
27-10-2008-amsterdamenergy

No comments: