As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Velvet

That's how the sea was today, as smooth as velvet. And, transparent (photo 1) like clean glass. Of course the fishermen were complaining (about only small fish baiting) but that is part of the game I have come to understand. Complain a little, catch a little and enjoy the magnificent sea.

The second photo shows a favorite Israeli activity. Throwing old shoes over electricity wires. I have seen this phenomenon ever since the day I came to Israel and it hasn't changed until this very day.

Further down the road I saw this telephone booth (with a telephone without a sfaferet) with a cup of orange juice on top of it. Immediately I went like "I have been waiting for your call for ages now and have even drank almost all of my juice, but now I gave up waiting - you can have my orange juice". LOL. (photo 3)

The fourth photo is of Ms.Cat's eyes which are just too beautiful. She came up to me immediately as I approached the crab-rocks and we said 'hello' to each other in our own special way. She walked a while along the pond with me (as usual) and -here my imagination starts playing up again: when she saw I was taking too many photos of the fish in the crystal clear water of the pond she thought she was a far more attractive subject to photograph and thus posed herself as a professional model looking mundanely bored. (and thus this is photo 5, admit she has this vicious look some photomodels have).

I had a very nice time talking to the fishermen at my mezah. I sat with a few of them right at the very end. One walked off in the water and swam around a bit at that location. Another one challenged me into swimming there as well and later came 'prepared' (meaning without shoes and shirt) to enter the water there - but.... he was afraid. I could tell. I definitely know he was afraid because I told him from where to descend and still he decided to only sit at the very end of the broken off piece of rock... I would have loved to enter the water and didn't feel afraid at all (hooray!!!) but I don't wear swimwear and am too shy and think it is inappropriate to do so around these men because I want to feel 'one of the gang'. Still.... the water was perfect. I would have loved to enter it. Tant pis.


4-10-2008-transparantC-2
4-10-2008-passtime
4-10-2008-w8ing4urcall
4-10-2008-ms-cat-eyes
4-10-2008-ms-cat

5 comments:

IsraeliDiary said...

Great camera! You manage to take pretty good pictures :) I particularly liked the pictures with the cat's eyes.

I have to agree with you about the cat-model. She looks very proud of herself in that picture. :)

Beachdiary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beachdiary said...

ID, thanks. I am constantly struggling with my camera though, having constant fights with it :D

IsraeliDiary said...

who doesn't? ;)

Beachdiary said...

People who actually know how to handle their camera probably :D :D