As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, October 24, 2008

Women walk far

Or: 'go' far
נשים הולכות רחוק
was the theme at the Nemaal today. Only it started when I left - better that way.

Anyway, the book. Of course I bought it today. (Photo 1) - So if by chance someone who reads books and can read Hebrew sees this, tell me. I will send it to you since I am not going to read it. But, I am very pleased how I got my money to her without causing her embarrassment. She seemed like a very sweet lady to me :-)

At the wavebreaker I didn't see any fisherman I know but a Dabur was willingly posing for me, so that made up for that :D (photo 2)

Arriving at the pond I noticed the small boardwalk near the water (as contrary to the one near the shops, up) was totally empty. Real strange, but an open invitation to my presumable artistic 'interpretation' - so, here (photo 3) is how it looked like to me :)

As I ordered my cappuccino at Aroma I saw some unknown fishermen descend to my mezah. Why I felt resentment is still unclear to me, but I did. Maybe I should rent the mezah :D then, at least, I could declare propriety on it, LOL.

They spoke a language I couldn't place and were busy with whatever. I did move away from them though when they threw their lines near me - I really didn't trust their capabilities in keeping those hooks out of my face. Soon they left and one called out to me "Missus? Do you want fish?" I politely said I didn't, only to find they had left their 'catch' dead on the mezah. So sad. If not for food or other purposes why catch them and let them die? (photo 4 and 5)

By the time I left the event being held there "women walk (or go) far" was in full swing. There were going to be rollerskate demonstrations and air-demonstrations but I didn't have the patience to wait to watch for something I take for granted anyway. So, the only photo 'memorizing' this ocassion is photo # 6, from afar ;-)

24-10-2008-abook
24-10-2008-daboer2
24-10-2008-emptyboardwalk
24-10-2008-poordeadfish4
24-10-2008-poordeadfish
24-10-2008-womenwalkfar2

No comments: