As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, January 30, 2009

Poor (wo)man's entertainment

Met H. today at Dizengoff Center to where I walked from home. (Of course). On the way I again saw the either mice or rats playing on the little isle of grass located between two high-roads. The photo shows one clearly and still I have no idea if it is a mouse or rat. He most certainly was not afraid of me because I came as close as 2 meter away from him and he went on with his business without as much as looking at me (yeah, hahaha "me" - at 2 meters away from him, LOL. if he as much as would have moved one step into my direction I would have ran away screaming, hahaha). I feel much more a hero with my camera in my hand.

As elections are approaching so are the banners and propaganda activities in the streets. A few giggling girls pushed me a flyer recommending Livni in my hands. The photo shows what it says....

And then, further down the way at where graffiti more often is painted - I saw what you can see in the last photo. I don't know how to take this. Is it meant? Or is it sarcastic? It says "No Children, No Terrorattacks, Gaza 2009". It had my heart freeze for a while....

H. and me did our 'round' in the shopping center. Looking, looking and not buying. We're both tafraniem (poor financially) but the smells of the Food-Bazar that's held there every Friday scrumbled down my resistance to spend money and we had a nice Chorizo covered in a layer of crispy dough.

Though I'm still in a foul mood I had a lovely morning. The foul mood will probably only disappear when I find a nice job that pays enough to make it possible for me to stay in Israel...

30-1-2009-mouse-or-rat2
30-1-2009-believni
30-1-2009-heart-has-gone

No comments: