As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, January 23, 2009

As I reached the Nemaal at around 08:00 a.m. the first thing I noticed was a group of Shags floating on the water. They seemed to be "chilling", enjoying the calm waters of the sea and the lovely weather. Unfortunately, although they were not too far away from me, the reach of my camera was insufficient. All the photos I took of them were 'vague'. Grrrrr....

I walked my usual round on and near the wavebreaker and met with MsCat who was eating kattenbrokjes that a woman (having a huge German Shepard on the line) had given her. She came to me as usual and we had our little 'rendez-vous' :-) It is obvious she likes me a lot and I think she can feel I am totally crazy about her as well...

The big mezah was totally desolated despite the calm sea and I climbed up on it without even thinking. I made my way to the little beitan at the end and photographed the terrible dirt of the things people have left in it. Then I climbed around the beitan and stood at the very end of the big mezah. It was an amazing feeling. Reminded me somewhat of standing on the Reading mezah this summer- me and nature and nothing in between us...

As I passed the pond I saw a lot of Seagulls on and next to the patch of sand that seems to be getting larger and larger all the time. They were very active and I photographed a whole series of 'on the move' photos. I think they are so sweet. So terribly innocent looking (almost all birds are, but some are more than others). And, as with all birds except for Crows, I think they are beautiful! Looking at them is like caressing the eye....

Arriving on my mezah with my Cappuccinno I was -also as usual- having a superduper relaxing time. It's like the environment creeps under my skin and relaxes all my muscles, my brain...

Two speer fishers (well actually they're guns but a speer is the ammunition) entered the waters of the sea from where I was sitting and I also had to take a photo of that.

--------------------

BIRDS
also pigeons I love. There were a whole lot of them on my mezah. I know many people don't like pigeons at all because -well, a variety of reasons. But, to me they are terribly sweet and mischievous looking. As if they own the whole world but wouldn't want to irritate you. And, their colors and designs are amazing - the feathers in their necks shine when the sun shines on them as if they give off (a colored) light - each one a different color. Today I saw many green, purple, blue and greyish "lights".

OK, OK - I've gone a little overboard with the photos this time. But, I like them all....



22-1-2009-seagulls11
22-1-2009-seagulls9
22-1-2009-seagulls10
22-1-2009-seagulls12
22-1-2009-seagulls6
22-1-2009-seagulls5
22-1-2009-seagulls4
22-1-2009-shags6
22-1-2009-shags3
22-1-2009-shags2
22-1-2009-msCat
22-1-2009-big-mezah
22-1-2009-big-fish2
22-1-2009-speer-fishers
22-1-2009-speer-fishers-flag

No comments: