As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Don't be afraid

is what I saw on a lamp post on route to the Nemaal (photo 1). It is a saying (or whatever they call it) out of the Talmud and it says "Know that a human being will have to cross a very, very narrow bridge, and the most important thing is that he shouldn't be afraid at all" -

Before I saw that I had spent quite some time trying to get an Israeli Woodpecker (click here to see it more clearly and hear him as well) on my camera. As I passed at the end of my street I heard the strangest noise, it was as if someone stood behind me and knocked ferociously on the tree I was walking under. Well... for me he is the new guy in town since I have never seen one IRL before. Needless to say he reacted like all the other birds I get to try to pose for my camera: totally unwilling :-( (photos 2 & 3)

At the bridge and just after I took photos (4 & 5) of the fog that had landed on Ramat-Gan/Tel-Aviv today. It looked real dirty fog as well, brownish instead of grey. Photo 5 is of the sun trying to get through but failing miserably.

Photos 6, 7 and 8 are of the fog enveloping the Nemaal. It was a very special feeling walking through this fog - as if I was experiencing a totally new environment instead of one I visit so many times a week.

Also the wind started to blow harder and harder and when I saw Mr. Egret all ruffled up by the wind it tickeled my humor-buds, so that's photo 9.

Photo 10 is of two of the many dinosauruses that have been placed in the Nemaal as a scientific exposition who look like they are chatting away together while enjoying a large bottle of icetea (someone had left there) together :D

24-1-2009-dont-b-afraid
24-1-2009-woodpecker3
24-1-2009-woodpecker
24-1-2009-fog
24-1-2009-here-comes-sun
24-1-2009-fog12
24-1-2009-fog-my-mezah
24-1-2009-fog8
24-1-2009-fog-ruffled-up-egret
24-1-2009-dinosaurus-sharing-icetea

a little riddle out of my youth:
howmuchwoodwouldawoodpeckpeckifawoodpeckcouldpeckwood?
awoodpeckwouldpeckasmuchwoodasawoodpeckcouldifawoodpeckcouldpeckwood
(say this very fast, 10 times after another)

No comments: