As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

27 January ----- 12 years ago.....

... my mom died :-( In her remembrance I place the youtube clip here that I filmed this morning, only now remembering that dedicating it to her is so terribly appropriate. The woman who taught me to look at 'the small' things in life and not be distracted by what people in the schwung of life became to believe was important. She had a great awe for the sea. I still remember the time after my father died and she came to stay with us for 9 or 10 months and we went to sit on the beach, watching the sea. At a certain point I said "OK, let's go" upon which she said "Oh, pity - couldn't we stay just a little bit more?" And I said "No" :-( I am so sorry about that now......

The sea was indeed awesome today. The first thing I saw when walking up the boardwalk at the Nemaal was that the splashes that he threw over the balustrade not only reflected the sun but........ also a rainbow. There was no rainbow in the skies. But there sure was one in the water the sea threw before me [photos 1, 2, 3 & 4] (I am so happy the photos succeeded. What is seen on them is e-x-a-c-t-l-y what I saw in front of my eyes).

I started walking rather late today because I first had a nice conversation with my son over the phone. Australia seems to be a lovely country. Perhaps I can visit it one time. After all, if one life is a whole world my world sure would like to know what it is my son likes that much over there.

Over the Yarkon (standing on the bridge) I took like a million photos of what I thought was a Shag but turned out to be spolet: a plastic bottle, hahahahhaaa.... That's because the Shag that was giving away a show of diving and turning up after several minutes tens of metres from where he dived in the water had me in desparation I could ever get a normal photo of him. LOL. In the end Mr. Egret flew by and though not a masterpiece of photography I caught him on camera on a picture that turned out to be an interesting image of shadows. [photo 5].

When I walked past Rabbithill [photo 6] (the place in downtown Tel-Aviv where rabbits are walking free) - I felt the urge to walk up the hill. So I did. It was an oasis of rest and peace between a busy high-road and a path many pedestrians pass. Cats don't eat rabbits :D That I know because the two baby-rabbits there were not chased by the two cats also present at the premises :D

Fairytaletree this morning looked gorgeous as always. But now, in the sunshine he looked as if he was radiating cheerfulness - more so than when days are gloomy. So, another photo here [photo 7].

My neighbor, Salah - a grumpy old man with a lovely character and very modern hair cut though in his 80s - complained about the lack of rain. He threw away 11 of the plants he cared for in our garden downstairs due to them being dead because of the drought. It is forbidden to water the gardens at this point due to a lack of water in the reservoirs - and it is sad. I love days like these: warm but not too warm, sunny but not too hot, dry and not humid but..... I believe if this goes on the way it does now the country (Israel) will face a major disaster from natural sources...

Last photos are of a tiny little web in between two wooden parts of the balustrade on the Tayelet where a very little (like in miniscule) spider was weaving his web (the spider disappeared soon as I took my camera out; what's new?) and of the sea trying to catch me on the place I was standing near my mezah - naughty old dude :D





27-1-2009-rainbowsea3
27-1-2009-rainbowsea4
27-1-2009-rainbowsea5
27-1-2009-rainbowsea2
27-1-2009-mr-egret
27-1-2009-bunnies
27-1-2009-fairytaletree2
27-1-2009-spinning-web
27-1-2009-sea-tries-to-catch-me

No comments: