As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Voice Of Peace

Yesterday during my time at the beach I also "shot" a short clip of a 'memorable' to the Voice of Peace. The radio station located on a ship 5 miles out of the territorial waters of Israel and therefore a "pirate" station (just as it was when the ship was in use by Veronica, a Dutch radio station before being bought by Abie Nathan to function as the Voice of Peace) whose broadcasting I vividly remember and accompanied me during the years until they sunk the ship.
It has some English in it but is mostly in Hebrew.




2 comments:

Enzo said...

I've been away all day. I was missing the sound of my "footsteps". Now I sit down on the seafront and listen to the wind, to the waves, and to the radio...
Thank you, dear Beachdiary

Beachdiary said...

My pleasure :)

For me the Voice Of Peace was extraordinary not only because it was a pirate radio ship, but also because it felt (ya'ani) as if I followed it from the Betherlands where it held the same position before.

I remember Abie Nathan at the beach one time distributing free lp's (vinyl records) - I also got one, you couldn't chose but he gave me a Tom Jones record :D

Such a huge difference from the way I saw him last: not able to talk, move - nothing - in a wheelchair.