As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Synagogue

This is my synagogue,
This is where I heal my hurt,

And God is my DJ.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9m_F8ryfc

-----------------------------

Long time, no see... (well, it felt that way anyway) viewing the sea - again wild - sends a hypnotizing feeling through me, like meeting a long lost, very close, friend. Together with many little children that were there I let him splash me with his water drops that he ferociously threw over the railing of the boardwalk and which offered a nice refreshment after the one-hour walk from Ramat-Gan to the shore at 30 degrees and a humidity that can kill an elephant. My clothes were drenched and it felt just so good....

I started out late and the 'scene' was different from the other walks when I leave the house earl(ier)y. I smelled the Frangi Pani tree already from across the traffic lights and the Hibiscus in the gardens of the houses I passed were again absolutely breathtaking in their simple, but endearing beauty and colors. Their buds give me a feeling of softness, like they are babies about to be born... I missed the two large banners on top of a high building (which I used to see on my previous walks) carrying the pictures of Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev calling not to stay ignorant in light of their kidnapping.

After I bought my coffee-to-go at Aroma-on-the-beach I set out to my own small secluded place at the mezach, leaving behind all the hustle of joggers, bikers and fishermen. I just turn my back and look the other way... and I start to float. The feeling is absolutely divine... It opens up channels in me that are closed when not being there. The sea is 'taking hold' of me, controls me. I find a spiritual elevation taking place and I hear the sea talking to me.

Today he told me I am doing something wrong. But he didn't tell me what.

It's "his" show.... and I truly feel that this is MY synagogue and He is my DJ . . . .
(and then there was this treasure -box- brought up from the depths of the sea that was floating on the water - see last photo :p )







19-7-2008-frangipani

19-7-2008-hibiscusbud

19-7-2008-treasurefromthesea

2 comments:

Enzo said...

It's such a lovely post! So true. So real. I watched the video and for a moment I thought I was there..

Beachdiary said...

That's good, Bennauro. It was most impressive (like always) - and I am glad I have succeeded in conveying that feeling ;-)