As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, July 25, 2008

Cat-on-the-rocks

as a variation on Martini-on-the-rocks :D He looked to dirty and even crept under the rocks into the water (hunting for fish?) but refused to come up to me and into the shade. I went to check up on him later after my pier-sit and he was gone. So I suppose he was alright.

The little "stones" on the 2nd photo are tiny black shells. They're clutched all around me on the rocky surroundings when sitting on my throne at the head of the pier. I've obviously seen them around there but never wondered what they were, until this morning. The wall surrounding the Nemaal is entirely covered by them as the 3rd photo shows...

I forgot I had a date with H. but luckily remembered at the last moment and so I've spent 7 hours at the beach today LOL. When she got off to bath in the sea a friendly man started talking to me and it turns out he is from Eritrea and here all by himself, desperately looking to find work and also knowing his 6-month visa won't be renewed in another 2 weeks time .... He cannot go back to Eritrea because that is dangerous (and he doesn't want to - he escaped there being forced into being a 'fighter') and here he won't get a permit to stay. He really is in a very bad situation but....... not sad at all, we were laughing the whole time. I admire people that can do that in that situation.
The only time I saw a shimmer of longing appear on his face was when he talked about the sea in Africa...



25-7-2008-cat-on-the-rocks-

25-7-2008-shells

25-7-2008-shellwall

No comments: