As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, June 13, 2008

Shouk-day

They are known to be there early on Friday-mornings - those bastot holders. But I was there before them, LOL. Left at 5:45 this morning and it was lovely, not hot, not cold, breezy... perfect.

Tried the Macro function on the camera out and think the photo of the flower that I took on the way to the shouk succeeded pretty well. I also took photos of a few Mynahs but they didn't come out that well after uploading them. The other photo of the sparrows show just how well their camouflage colors work because they were real hard to get them standing out a little bit in the picture - there are 3 birds there....

The photo of Beit-haTamar at Nahalat Benyamin is not overlighted. That building was actually blinding my eyes - I think the color has something in it that reflects the sun rays.

Afterwards I walked towards the sea. There -at the Hasan Bek mosque (which also seems to be undergoing renovations, looking at the ramps built up around the moazin tower) - I saw a Mynah fly from the mosque garden INTO a hole at an iron traffic light post - my guess is they have hatching there, so waited... and waited... and waited LOL, but the Mynah didn't come out anymore, so left - crossing the road opposite the mosque where the Dolfinarium is situated. It has been 5 years since a suicide-bomber exploded himself and 20 teenagers there and I remember reading there was a ceremony held in honor for their memories last week - so I had a look and found this what is shown at the last photo and says "We Won't Stop Dancing". I kinda like that.


flower1-13-6-2008

bird1-13-6-2008

Beit-haTamar1-13-6-2008

dolfinarium1-13-6-2008

No comments: