As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Monday, June 9, 2008

Dunnit!

Set out at 05:40 and was disappointed I "met" no birds on my walk to the beach. Somehow I had hoped the bird with the vivid blue wings I saw a few days ago and mistook for a Palestinian Sunbird would show up - because of the early hour, but no. Nor did any other out of the ordinary bird. Halas.

It is funny how yesterday I was talking about a rose and today I saw one of the tallest, most spectacular, single growing roses in a garden I passed. The photo doesn't do the rose justice. It was showing its absolute noblesse.

I spotted some birds -of which I am sure they are very common but still I don't know their names- and had a good time fantasizing a possible plot to their behavior. This one bird coming closer to the other and ticking him with her beak and he was playing 'hard to get' -but seem to enjoy- except that at the same time he was 'talking' to a lot of other birds on that same electricity cable. Finally she got enough of it, turned her back on him and took off very demonstratively :D The other photo is of one of the same flock of birds that thought he could hide from me, but he doesn't know I am armored with a *mighty* zoom in my camera LOL.

The last photo is of the pier and some fishermen on it. I climbed on it. Its width is rather narrow -well over 1-and-a-half meter wide, but still- and slippery. Every time I was near it in the past I was reluctant to go on it. Although it attracted me to be standing off the wave-breaker and sort of in the middle of the sea. It's a balance thing.... So, this morning, I switched on the fearless button in my head that clears it of thinking and just 'did it'. Proof of it is the last photo which, on the right side of it, shows part of that little shack at the end of the pier in the previous photo.


a-rose1-9-6-2008

a-bird1-9-6-2008

a-bird5-9-6-2008

a-pier1-9-6-2008

a-pier2-9-6-2008

No comments: