As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Left the house at 05:00 a.m. and the only 'traffic' was in 'opposite direction'. Meaning people were on their way home after Friday night's clubbing or what have you while I was heading 'out'. Interesting to be on the 'other side' - I like it.


The moon was still shining although it was already dusky and I found a lone (but very bright) star not far from the moon (seeing from here, that is. probably they're millions of kilometers apart from each other in space).

I heard the birds this early in the morning much louder than usual performing their morning concerts. It was fantastic!

Two Egrets and the fireflies were waiting for me near the Yarkon bridge and further down the way I saw a very young, black & white colored, cat hunt after a tiny little bird with a pointed beak that seemed to ridicule the cat with giving it a good tease.... the poor, but playful, cat was utterly frustrated :D

At the beach I met the fishermen again, same spot.... Only they were very dissatisfied. Not only was the water of the sea almost transparent but also two fishingboats had their nets spread out earlier that morning and sort of caught all the fish. At least that is what they said was the reason they didn't catch anything today. Still one of them caught a "Saragossa" (I'm becoming a professional on fish if this goes on this way) and I photographed it but because the animal was moving on the line so ferociously the photo didn't succeed. Pity. However, this time I did get a good photo of an Arash (the poison in its snappers having fish) - they caught later on.

I then went further north to check up on the hide away a Mynah has stacked her nest in. It is very hard to see the hatchlings - let alone photograph them. But if looking hard the youngster's face can be made out in the photo underneath. Because the camera makes a sound when I press the shutter button and because I was standing not too far from the nest and did not move (like all other people jogging there) I think the mother Mynah got stressed because she came at me. She jumped out of the nest and flew icily fast a few centimeters over my head (you can see her legs as she is heading for my head on the photo down here). So, I left. I don't want her to feel stressed or threatened of course ....

The last photos are made in the shallow water of the pond behind the wave breaker in the nemaal. There is a iron pipeline on the bottom there that's covered with seaweed and I saw this weed detach itself from the pipe with every retreating wave and clamp back on it with every incoming wave. That's strange. So -after thorough investigation hahaha- I discovered they were fish. They just turn green when being on the pipe.


21-6-2008-fish4arash

21-6-2008-mynahandbaby-1

21-6-2008-mynahandbaby-2

21-6-2008-fish

21-6-2008-fish1

5 comments:

Enzo said...

Excellent post. Vivid, realistic description of what you see through your "lenses".
Lovely pics, with the last two deserving applause!
Have a great w/e!
It's cold and grey in London...

Beachdiary said...

Oh, thank you very much ;-)
You have a great weekend yourself as well - don't let the weather get you down!

Nobody said...

have you tried diving? I think you should like it. It's right for you

Beachdiary said...

I'm claustrophobic, Nobody. I would feel so trapped in a diver's outfit.

Do you dive?

Nobody said...

no ... but i am thinking about going for it ... by the way .. i am not sure about diver's outfit .. i think you don't need it if you remain in shallow waters ...