As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Endless

From a totally opposite situation I walk into endlessness. . . That is the feeling I get each and every time I approach the sea. Perhaps the first photo can express an associating sentiment that I feel. While sitting totally secluded at the top of the stairs running down to the pier on that same photo this morning (I almost couldn't believe it: there was nobody in sight for a good 20 minutes, just me -a few crabs, a pigeon, an orev, a sparrow- and the sea) I started thinking. I listen to the sea and he is always telling me the same stories, for years already. Perhaps that's why I feel like he's a close family-member - he doesn't change, he's always reliable - always there like one big, h-u-g-e shoulder for support. He doesn't complain when I come back to see him after not having been around for a while and just continues telling his stories to me.


Even without a cent to my name I felt that this is worth so much more than money. Suppose I would be a millionaire and would live in some cold, grey country deep inland? Of course the money could buy me fancy -perhaps tropical- holidays, but I would always have to return to that place while right now I pick up my legs and walk right into endless happiness that's absorbing every fiber of 'me' .... Now isn't that "rich"?

The photos:
1. "Endlessness.... as I feel it when looking out over the sea.
2. The cat (although it's a 'she' I think) who came straight at me when I walked up to the wave-breaker as if she recognized me (perhaps she did) from last week and welcomed me by rubbing up on my legs and even jumping in front of my face on the wooden fence separating the wave-breaker from the sea. (She eventually -as if she suddenly remembered- did look to the other side of her, the seaside and cringed - a little hahaha)
3. Yup!! They have arrived. I saw at least 5 of them flushed upon the beach. The Jellyfish that is. This one has his intestines so clearly shown that I just had to make a photo of it. I never saw the 'inside' of a jellyfish shining through the slimy, white substance I thought was the only thing they were made of. Here it looks as if he got "muscles" LOL.
4. A place where people fish during the day and at nights sometimes there are weddings. That stage up there is where they set up the "Chupa" (covered 'tent' where Jewish weddings have to take place under). Such a lovely place to get married... (Oh, and I DO have self restraint: the female Egret was sitting at 2 meters away from me there on the railing and I didn't take (yet another, hahaha) photo of her)
5. A small clip of a crab in action...


26-6-2008-fotoR-endlessness

26-6-2008-fotoQ-meandkitty

26-6-2008-fotoK-jellyfish2

26-6-2008-fotoL-chupafishing

2 comments:

Enzo said...

I can't stand jellyfish!
They would come and find me every single summer of my life when I was young, no matter where I was along the mediterranean shores.
Somewhere on my back I must have a mark left by one of these "creatures" when I was a teen-ager.
p.s. the "Endlessness" photo is really really beautiful...

Beachdiary said...

Thank you!!

I don't know many people who can stand them, Bennauro ;) Today I went to the sea with a friend and thus was able to enter the water (so she could watch my purse) - but there was a jellyfish washed ashore again so I didn't feel comfortable in the water anyway.