As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Amazing morning

Left the house at 05:30. Beautiful weather, nice and crispy.
First thing on the ramp at the Nemaal I met was a cat (photo #1) - there was nobody else there except her and me. She came to welcome me - I felt bad I had nothing with me to give her to eat... Soon after another cat came along who took a special liking to my backpack as can be seen in (photo #2) - and after that in my legs (who were bare because I wore knee-length jeans). So much so that she put her nails in it, and me not particularly wanting to go have another tetanus shot (had too many already in the past) bid the couple farewell and went to sit on the mezach until an Orev showed up walking into my direction - Yes. I let an Orev chase me away *blush*.

When I got up further north in the Nemaal (I hardly ever go up north) - I saw "the" Snow Egret and got excited (it are the small things in life that do that to me) - So I took out my camera. I see "the" Snow Egret on each and every walk I make near the beach flying by and thought of it as a sign of saying 'hello' to me. Well...

The two fishermen who had their rods situated near the building the Egret was landing on told me there are 5 (!) of them and they all fight with each other. This morning there were only two, a male and a female. The male kept chasing the female away. The first photos are of the male - but finally the female got a chance and was able to accept a fish the fisherman I talked to offered her as well. Photos herebelow.

I then decided to walk up north even more and get some photos of airplanes landing and taking off at the Sde Dov airport which is situated practically 'at' the beach and within reach of Reading (power station). Ahum...... I walked and walked and walked..... and when I finally got there the guard at the airport told me that they land and take off near the beach (this was after a sivoev) - So, I walked some more. "Some" is the keyword here.... When I finally got to a place I thought I had to turn left -it looked Godforsaken with only new buildings being built there and I suddenly heard a voice behind me "Ma'am show me your ID".... WHAAAAAT??

An undercover policeman looked at my ID and said "It isn't you" - Boy.... what a relief. No idea what it was all about but sure was happy it wasn't me, LOL. He then proceeded in casual talk and couldn't get over the fact that I walked "all the way" from Ramat-Gan. He asked his friend over the walkie talkie if he had time to give me a lift to the beach (Tel-Baruch) and when the friend said he was busy and I said that it really doesn't matter he said that he hoped to see me at the beach one time..... Excuse me????

When I arrived at Tel-Baruch there actually wasn't much going on. I walked pass a fence - all the while through the water - and saw another Egret - but that was it. Not much airplanes taking off of landing at all. There is constant security there driving around the facility and I asked one man in such a car if I could proceed up to Reading (now from the other side) and end up in Tel-Aviv beach.

This man was very talkative and friendly and started -after asking what I was photographing all the time- explaining me about that part of the beach stretched out at that particular place. About the wildlife -more exactly about the sealife- and what I could photograph if................. I would sit there for hours and have patience.

After 20 minutes or so we parted and I walked back to the kiosk at the beginning of the beach and asked how to get back to Ramat-Gan. The guy said it is impossible to walk to Ramat-Gan. Obviously I told him I just did.... and his reaction was "WHAT???"

I feel good now. Having had at least 2 young men end up in total surprise about my walking capabilities Hahahahahaa


15-6-2008-dd-catmesmerizingoversea

15-6-2008-ee-catireallylikeyourbackpack

15-6-2008-e-egretprepareforlanding

15-6-2008-j-egretcometodaddy2

15-6-2008-k-egretgotfish

15-6-2008-l-egretkingofthesearoad

15-6-2008-r-egretprepareforlanding

15-6-2008-s-egretletmestrokeyou

15-6-2008-u-egretfemaleeatingherfish

2 comments:

Nobody said...

An undercover policeman looked at my ID and said "It isn't you" - Boy.... what a relief. No idea what it was all about but sure was happy it wasn't me, LOL.

I know what you are talking about because I am getting it in reverse occasionally. I used to wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweat thinking: Shit! It's me!!! It's the same old fucking crappy me!!!

Beachdiary said...

Hahahah LOL.