As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fireflies & swimming dogs

The weather is absolutely gorgeous. This is -I find- the ideal weather that should be all year around. Left at 5:45 and over the Yarkon a small cloud of fireflies performed a dance for me (or at least so is the script in my imagination). It was magnificent and I stood mesmerized admiring this burst of tiny bugs reflecting the golden rays of the sunlight on their wings. As usual the photos don't do the scene justice but it is pretty close.

I made some more flower shots (still thoroughly enjoying the vast diversity of colors the flowers are putting on show for whoever wish to pay attention to it). Also because I can't stand it I don't understand the 'macro' function on my camera and sometimes it turns out OK and sometimes a strange result is obtained. But I think now I know that the shutter speed should be really low or the aperture -I can't remember- so the object wanting to be the 'star' of the shoot comes out sharp.

The sea was wonderful as always. I talked with a few fishermen on the ramp (wave breaker) and they actually caught some fish while I was standing near them. So there are some photos of that as well. They told me that they (fishermen) don't call fish by their popular names but have their own names for them. And so, the fish in the first photo of the 3 is called "Arash" which means something poisonous. It seems they have some kind of poison in their snappers and that's why they are called that way by the fishermen. The other two are Buri - although I never saw a Buri that small, must be babies... Another fisherman caught a small fish he released later and called it a "QuakQuak" - I laughed of course but he said 'give me your ear' - so I held my ear close to the fish and I really heard him "say" QuakQuak, LOL. The fish mustn't have been too impressed by me because straight after he said QuakQuak - he spat water at the side of my face, hahahahaaa.....

I wished them 'tight lines' and went on to "Dogbeach" - I call it that way - I have no idea what the real name is of that beach. All dogs are allowed there and it is good fun to watch them. You NEVER see them fight. Which is pretty remarkable because in the streets many are growling at each other. Although I think it is really lovely I wouldn't spread my towel at that beach... I am not a sterile person and I absolutely am crazy about dogs but that would disgust me a bit. However, if I would have a dog I would most certainly take him there. As a matter of fact, I would take him on all my walks. I wish I had a dog.....



fireflies3-14-6-2008

fireflies4-14-6-2008

flower3-14-6-2008

fish2-14-6-2008

fish3-14-6-2008

fish4-14-6-2008


No comments: