As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yom Kipur

This will be the very first Yom Kipur I will be fasting out of my own free will. For 32 years I have been fasting because that was expected of me (or rather - demanded - and, like always when I feel I'm being pushed into something without having had the opportunity to come to a decision about it myself - I rebelled... but fasted). Now, this year, I will experience it differently (I hope. I will give an account afterwards).

That Friday, when I wrote my previous entry here, I was in the yang mood (of my yin-yang sways that control my life) and decided to walk a path of being 'bad' (my 'bad' = yang). Luckily enough providence guarded me (like it did in other occasions in the past which were directly concerning 'me' -my soul). Thanks also to a remarkable person I have the privilege of knowing and who choose the right thing. Thank YOU!

And so, Saturday morning I felt so bad. You see, my yin 'me' has no control over my yang 'me' other than the authority to let it go free sometimes. But when it's free it wants to go until the very end. Afterwards when 'yin' is coming back it usually feels horrible about all that 'yang' has done....

The photos are of that journey: Saturday morning when 'yin' tried to act as if all was OK - though feeling very ashamed of yang.

1) an unknown bird. the first time I ever saw this kind of bird....
2) a Libelle (dragonfly) - who looked amazing with its wings reflecting the light of the rays of the sun (which, unfortunately) cannot be seen on the photo :(
3) Mr. Kingfisher - totally oblivious of the star on the water which made this sight so beautiful.
4) A bee. Totally disappearing in the cane of a bulb flower (fake flower) growing on Fairytaletree.
5) A caterpillar (I doubted and thought perhaps it's a worm but it has 'feet') - a fishermen who uses worms left for dead on the railing at the pond in the Nemaal - but who wasn't dead (I wanted to end his suffering but I cannot kill animals - even not if that is more merciful, arghhhh )
6) the pure magic of Fairytaletree who keeps me in his spell no matter how many times we meet....

Hatima Tova. May -for whoever this applies- you find peace of mind.


26-9-2009-unknown-bird2
26-9-2009-libelle4
26-9-2009-kingfisher-and-stars
26-9-2009-fairytaletree-magic3
26-9-2009-caterpillar
26-9-2009-fairytaletree-magic2

No comments: