As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, September 5, 2009

that day again......

the 5th of September. A date that starts playing the yin-yang orchestra again. Was it good or was it bad to come to Israel and .. would I do it all over again if given the chance? I'd like to pick out the bad things and leave only the good things that happened to me since coming here but I also know that without the bad things the good things couldn't have happened. The Devil is creating Paradise but not without letting you go through Hell first....

This Saturday stands in light of the Kingfisher. I have complained so terribly much about his evasive nature (or him just teasing me) that it almost felt as if he wanted to tell me to just shut up and photograph him and get it over with (that's how many times he posed for me today).

So, lots of Kingfisher photos (so they can't get lost like many of my photos did in the computer crash) and some other photos of experiences along the way.

FisherWOman was back again. I had missed her (it's funny how I get attached to people I spent only minutes a week talking with) .... She has spent over 2 months with her 3 sons who live in the U.S. She was so excited. Told me about her outings and trips there and would even like to live there. But... her husband doesn't because.............................

of his smoking :D Hahahahhaha it is more difficult to smoke there even than it is here. What is this witch-hunt kinda thing? What have we, smokers, become? Outlaws, people to look down at... It's so fucking silly it makes me chuckle. All those petty laws while cars keep on suffocating me (really: I have to stop breathing when I stand near a stop-light because of the poisonous fumes that honestly grab my throat and suffocate me slowly). Yes, it is accepted in a manner of "well, what can we do?" but smoking should be frowned upon. Go To Hell.

The first few photos start with something else while it will continue with an endless series of Mr. Kingfisher ;)

The bunnies have made it to Fairytaletree territory. They used to live on Rabbit Hill (right across Fairytaletree area) - but I suppose they have, like me, given in to that tree's magic:
5-9-2009-welcome-2-fairytaletreeland

Very near to that I saw this cat again who becomes more friendly the more we meet. In the beginning he or she placed his nose in the air when I started talking to him/her but now he or she sweetly 'miauws' at me as if to say "goodday to you too, my dear" ;)
5-9-2009-aint-i-cute

Not far away from there- when continuing on my route -I heard loud (very, very loud) noises coming from 'up above'. Upon looking up I noticed a club of birds had formed itself on one of the lamp posts. There were pigeons, mynahs and sparrows. I obviously have no clue what they were talking about but it looked like an amazing gathering:
5-9-2009-bird-club

A rather sorrow view of the Frangipani that have fallen off the tree I used to smell from across the street last year and this year even when standing close doesn't spread aromas that even resemble that :( I wonder why? Is it the lack of water?
5-9-2009-frangipani

Mr. & Mrs. Egret were there again at the big mezah. They keep a keen eye on the fishermen and almost resemble hungry doggies begging for food. This one flew away after one of those fishermen decided it was time to go home:
5-9-2009-fly-away

Guess what this little dot up in the skies above the lamp posts in the Nemaal is? The clue follows hereunder hahahaha
5-9-2009-guess-whatz-d-little-dot

Here he is........... ladies and gentlemen, the one and only.......... Mr. Kingfisher:
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again5
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again3
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again6
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again8
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again10
5-9-2009-nice-2-meet-u-again9

No comments: