As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, July 24, 2009

Not yet able to understand this week is over

I set out early and the weather was great though it said it was already 28 degr. C. at 06:15 a.m. this morning. Soon though the heat (but mostly the humidity) started to play up again. I hadn't even reached the Nemaal yet.

After having had a (minor but irritating) surgery this week and burying my mom for the second time (in a grave I bought for both her and my dad) without me being present, I was just DYING to meet with the sea. His presence makes me calm and relativate things. Today he was looking angry though. Not only his waves but mostly the foam he 'spat out' near me at the top of my mezah. Like someone who's angry and has foam around the side of his lips. I don't know what that means and if I should even think it means anything. But was feeling aware of it. This summer, as contrary to last year's summer, there are no perky Kingfishers at the Nemaal and the sea is much, much more 'wild'. There are no colorful crabs stuck on the side of the pond's walls or walking on the bottom of the waters there. Why? Pollution? There's something going on. Something not good.


Photos of a bud that fell on a leaf and stuck itself there as if to save itself from a 'downfall' (and the consequent death, which I think will happen anyway being cut off from the fluids of life that the plant feeds him), the white foam of the sea (but not really expressing the impressiveness of it), a tiny little bird (I think it was either the Palestinian Sunbird or a Warble) who tempted me with its song to look and then watched me as if saying "huh??" and of a tree growing Rimonim (granate apples?)

I'm still not able to come to terms with what has happened over the last 30 years. I must be crazy.

24-7-2009-landed-on-a-leaf
24-7-2009-such-n-angry-sea
24-7-2009-playful-frightened-birdie
24-7-2009-rimonim

No comments: