As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, July 31, 2009

Miss-fish

Too many photos to start a 'chatting' entry. Just wanted to remark that I am receiving 'advise' to 'get another man' from the most unsuspected sources. So, please, "men" - would you kindly line up so I can have my pick? :D :D :D

There are two events during this days outing to the Nemaal that I didn't get a chance to take a photo of while I really would have liked to. The first is of a Karas I found playing dead :p in the middle of the puddle of water on my mezah and when I tried to (and succeeded in) throw it back into the sea his eyes turned the most amazing green one has ever seen. It was eerie though - as if in a horror movie. The green was beautiful, like the Emerald in my (only) ring on my finger - but at the same time very spooky. I decided against taking a photo because he obviously was suffering and I didn't want him to suffer any longer by me taking photos of him.
The other was of a little rock fish the waves of the sea had flipped over the balustrade. Cute little creature. Much, much cuter looking than the Karas, and also very much afraid each time I picked him up at his tail. In the end a little boy standing near picked him up while holding his head and on my instructions threw him back in the sea.

The story today:

As I was to thread on the Red Carpet that was laid out before me at the beginning of my route:
30-7-2009-red-carpet

I found many of these pretty flowers - way too young to die :(
30-7-2009-too-young-to-die

However when I turned around I found the next view, which reminded me of 'nearly dead' stories I heard people talk about: the Tunnel of Light (must be there for these pretty little flowers as well)
30-7-2009-the-tunnel-of-light

I looked up and saw at some 30 cm above my head these lemons. I could almost hear them say "pick me".
30-7-2009-pick-me

As I was approaching the exit of Ramat-Gan I noticed the tree with the pricky stem had grown its super-soft and magnificent beautiful flowers again. Contradictions. It seems I am not the only one struggling with those:
30-7-2009-pricky-stem-soft-flowers

After having spent time at my mezah and partly regaining 'myself' again (after playing the employee all week for 13 hours a day) - I went on towards Reading and saw a Kingfisher fly over my head. Of course way too fast to even grab at my camera but... I am SO happy to know he's there again. I had missed him a lot this year not knowing why he stayed away.

Nissim, a fisherman I have very sparse conversations with because he makes me know in exactly what light he would like to see me and I am quite disgusted by that (but otherwise a very sweet man) wanted to put up a show for 2 cyclists who stood near him and took pictures of Mr. Egret. He told the men to move a little back, he arranged the whole scene and then threw a fish (Televisia) on the floor in front of Mr. Egret. In the meanwhile a cat came running down and took the fish away right from under Mr. Egret's and our nose (the audience). I couldn't stop laughing. I almost fell off my feet. It was SOOOO funny!
30-7-2009-speedy-gonzales

Obviously, Mr. Egret who saw a meal pass by his nose was terribly insulted and decided to take to 'higher grounds' just so he could show his indignance :D
30-7-2009-insulted

Luckily enough Nissim then caught another small fish and threw it to the floor (after the audience had dissolved laughing loudly). I could almost hear Mr. Egret groan :YESHHHH BaBY!!" :D
30-7-2009-ohhhhhhh-yezzz-baby

A few more photos of Mr. Egret. I know I photograph him too much but I can't help it. In these photos I would add the caption "I'm showing you the beauty of my wings, so LOOK at them and consider yourself lucky to have the opportunity to do so" and "I'm free. . . and you?"
30-7-2009-im-showing-you-my-wings-so-LOOK
30-7-2009-im-free-and-u

I also saw a flock of Shags fly down south. They were forming a perfect arrow and seemed to suggest "I'll point out the direction"
30-7-2009-let-me-point-out-d-direction

The newly opened (well last week) Gordon Swimmingpool seemed to already have an emergency on their hands (fast, no?) because ambulances and police were called for:
30-7-2009-barely-opened-already-emergency

And then there is this mystery thing... It looked like a kinda rock from afar but on the photo I can see it definitely is not. Also it doesn't really look like an average (dead) fish. I really wonder what this is...
30-7-2009-what-is-this

======================

I haven't seen Ms. Cat now for 2 consecutive weeks. I am starting to get worried. Today another kitty crept out of the place she usually sleeps under.

No comments: