As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Circles

As angry as the sea was yesterday, as velvety and comforting he seemed today. It's not that he wasn't wild but he was 'tender' (for as far such a thing can be said about the sea). The sound that was accompanying his strong waves was as if whispering all around me and nothing else could be heard. He also didn't take up all of my concentration as usually is the matter when I'm standing near him. No, he left me thinking about a few puzzles in my life mixed with the feeling that as of today, the 25th of July - the day my dear beloved father departed this world 25 years ago- and after I had laid the remains of my mum to rest in his grave this week, I closed a circle at a place all three of us, dad, mum and me, loved so much: the sea.

At a small garden near my home a woman with a very fat Labrador exited and the Labrador came up to me and sat down right in front of me. As if to say "Here I am, you can't get around me now", hahahaha. Soooooooo sweet. The poor thing had Catarrh problems and her beautiful greenish eyes were looking 'dumb'. Only after I had cuddled her for some time her owner said "come on" and with looking around at me the Labrador went on her way.

The sea noticed probably that I was wound up in thoughts because it happened twice(!) that his waves threw a fish before my feet at my mezah!! (Yes, that catches my attention) - I always wondered how those fish I sometimes see in the puddle in the middle get there but now I know: the waves of the sea simply throws them there. Obviously I got up and threw them back in with the tip of my sandal. Quite a 'mission' because the waves were coming from everywhere and when I left -a whole lot later- I saw they suddenly have placed a sign near the entrance saying it is forbidden to get down to the mezah because it is dangerous. Well they can place signs as much as they want but down to my mezah I go. Let somebody try to stop me. Grrrrrrrr.

I did have to laugh though. Here were the fishermen trying to get fish on their bait and the sea was just throwing what they are hunting for right in front of my feet, hahahahahaha.


25-7-2009-karas
25-7-2009-different-hibiscus
25-7-2009-bird-silhuet
25-7-2009-warble-perhaps
25-7-2009-vinous-starlet

No comments: