As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, September 26, 2008

Wind.........

Yesterday I went to the Nemaal in the afternoon after a meeting and I must honestly say "it isn't the same thing". Mornings are way better. What was quite funny yesterday though is that there wasn't absolutely anybody around except for a few strays (well, they looked like strays). And, exactly on a day with nobody around (except for two lovely visitors, see photo) I let myself be chased away by someone who came to lay (yes: "lay") near me at my mezah's end. GRRRRR.

When I walked past the pond yesterday I noticed dark 'clouds' in the water. That was strange because there were no clouds in the sky. After coming closer I noticed hundreds of thousands of little fish swimming around in large schools that were causing the 'cloud' effect. I never, ever saw so many fish together. So, I made a photo of it. Of course :D

I was happy that I could get to the sea early in the morning again today. It is weird, but... last week when I was not as early as usual the fishermen told me they asked themselves where I was and had started to "worry" (is a manner of speaking), and today with no fishermen around near my mezah I had started to do the same thing. I wondered where they were until ... they showed up. Finally.

But, before they did I was caught by surprise by a wave again. The sea was rough because it was very windy but I still marched right up until almost the end of the mezah and decided let myself get wet in a 'controled manner' (meaning not soaking wet) and that's what happened. Until I, before leaving the mezah to go home, checked up on the beautiful crab I had seen before near the stairs. In that moment, on my knees and with my back to the sea, he threw a wave over me that had me thoroughly soaked.

Funny how I always worry about my camera not getting wet but this 'accident' had my cell phone drowned. It first said I had to change the sim card, then it started shaking and nothing helped until I took the battery out. After I had my sim card removed by my neighbor I put the whole schpiel under the blow-dryer at home and luckily now it is working again ...

"Kizer" has made it to Tel-Aviv.. I saw this grafity a lot in Jaffa (and finally found out what this is all about, rather sad story ... ) but not really in T.A. so, here it is (on the photo)

When I walked the boulevard I passed two men on those stupid corkinet things - on where you stand and it moves you. I think those things are very dumb (looking) and for lazybums...

And then I saw 'them' :D The kytesurfers! They used to be all over last year and then they suddenly disappeared. I haven't seen even one kytesurfer all of this year and here they were .. today. I can say proudly that I found out myself the reason for this wondrous fact. It suddenly dawned upon me that kytesurfers need wind and wind ... well, we've had none of that here all summer long. (in one of the photos I photographed a lady photographing a kytesurfer - I felt rather smug doing that).


25-9-2008-mymezahguests6
25-9-2008-fishclouds10
26-9-2008-lazybums
26-9-2008-kizerhere
26-9-2008-kytesurfing5
26-9-2008-kytesurfing7
26-9-2008-kytesurfing2-photo-of-photographer
26-9-2008-da-sea3

No comments: