As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, September 14, 2008

New kid in town

Left at 06:00 a.m. and it was still dark. There was lots of activity in and around the Yarkon river. There is a 'new' bird there I've only seen there since yesterday. I also saw the two turtles together this time and this "new kid in town" bird weirdly looking at them: photo 1, really expresses his surprise, I think.

Ms. Cat was at the wavebreaker and after requesting her kindly to accompany me walking towards the crossing on the boardwalk to the point the wavebreaker and the boardwalk of the Ne'maal meet, she kindly responded to that request and we had a lovely walk together. I am not touching her anymore (only in a stolen moment when I know she wont' be fast enough to react) because of the way she shows her affection: by biting . . .

After I bid her "ciao" and arrived at the other side of the pond I saw many crabs eating from the weeds at the wall this time. I decided to film the thing because on a Dutch forum I have been accused of not knowing what I'm doing when photographing these intriguing creatures who are covered under water. It is not easy photographing them while waves make them take on the strangest and vaguest forms. - That's on the youtube clip here below.

Having had my Capucino (again served by the waiter at the Aroma-at-the-beach restaurant with the cream in the design of a heart - which I think is soooo sweet) - I went straight for the end of the mezah because that's my point of rest. It was lovely and I wish I could have stayed there for hours, but had other commitments so left after one hour only (photo 2).

During the walk from Ne'maal Tel-Aviv to the place I had to turn to Bograshov I noticed new flowers were blooming near the Tayelet. (Photo 3 and 4). They looked fresh and new and were so beautiful to me. They weren't there last week....

When I arrived at a place I had to be at I noticed a peacock mom walking proudly around with her chicks, she looked simply adorable. Of course the chicks looked adorable too, but the way she showed off her pride in the chicks was heart melting....



14-9-2008-strangebird

14-9-2008-untiltheendoftime1
14-9-2008-flowering1
14-9-2008-flowering2
14-9-2008-proudpeacockmom

No comments: