As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, September 5, 2008

It was the Fifth of September

... the day I'll always remember - yes, I will
'cause,
that was the day that my innocence died.
(According to the tune of THIS SONG)

5th of September 1977, that is. . .
On the 6th I stuck by big toe in the sea at Tel-Aviv beach, and immediately withdrew it, in shock *_*
The water was warm!! I had not expected that (being used to the cold water of the North Sea).
After emerging in the water until up to shoulder level I turned around and saw
the absolutely stunning Mediterranean, the sand, the skyline of Tel-Aviv - all bathing in LOADS of sunshine.
I remember -as if it were the day of yesterday- thinking to myself: "I have landed in Paradise".

Oh Boy - how wrong I was. . .

------------------------------

Yesterday morning left the house rather late: past 08:00 and saw the turtle (how lucky can one get to see a turtle as much as I do in a rather large river like the Yarkon) - and Egrets and the whole zbang. The Kingfisher was at the rocks off the boulevard and later -when I was sitting on "my mezah" - flew past me in dazzling speed at around 50 cm away from me. He must have thought I was a statue or something. Gorgeous little creature.

In the evening H. and me went to our neighborhood's school (yard) since Boaz Maudi and Kobi Aflolo were performing there as part of the summer activities Ramat Gan have been organizing. I am totally mesmerized by Boaz. He looks like such a sweet, shy person. And then: he opens his mouth and out comes the strongest, most beautiful voice I have ever heard. On my Youtube channel (click here) a few clips can be found that I shot of it - but rather very poor quality. It was the first time I forgot about my problems and felt completely swept away by 'the moment'.

Today left the house earlier - around 07:30 - When I reached the wavebreaker I was witness to a struggle of death of some butterfly-like creature (only a lot bigger) near the "crab-rocks". Poor thing... It was very disturbing to watch it want to get up and fly away and being unable to, knowing it would soon be dead.

I walked to my mezah and picked up a chair and sat down at it - at the beginning of it, near 'my stairs'. The sea was calm. And then I just 'did it'. I picked up the chair and walked to the very end of the mezah and sat down there. I felt like i was sitting in the middle of the sea. I know now that I am afraid of the sea. That realization came to me while sitting there, watching the huge vastness that can never be trusted - swell up and withdraw from every side around me. So impressive, it left me shaking a bit and my heart beat fast. As if at that point I didn't have control anymore but 'he' did, and 'he' cannot be trusted. Lots of symbolic meanings as well which I won't write about here.... It was a very heavy experience (for me. for others it would probably be 'nothing').

A band started to play on the 'hill' on the boulevard and I liked it. Funny guys - lovely bluezy music with cool tricks. They're called Shmemmel and they are new. The brass part of their songs really makes it something special.

So, after yesterday evening's performances and today's improvised performance of this band - I was in a pretty 'decent' mood. Until, I was stopped by a young man who started crying because he was released this very morning after 4 years in prison and he was dying to see his family. He totally broke my heart....

4-9-2008-phonechair
4-9-2008-boaz
5-9-2008-parpar
5-9-2008-endandbeginning
5-9-2008-endandbeginningmystairs3
5-9-2008-daband

No comments: