As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ha-Yoreh

Set out early but it still was already 07:00 a.m. when I reached the Yarkon river. That's because I stopped walking all the time to take photos, over and over again, of the magnificent skies I noticed straight as I left the house. (photos 1 & 2). They were absolutely breathtaking.

Something weird was going on at the Yarkon river (it isn't really a river but a "nahal") - and when looking somewhat closer I saw that there were two currents in opposite direction flowing concurrently. On the right side of me the current was flowing 'away' from me and on the left side it was coming towards me. Real strange. I don't think it can be seen in the photo (photo 3) but one can see the drifting old rag doll at the corner.

On the way I noticed a tree with interesting roots and composition. Trees fascinate me because they always make me wonder how old they are and what they would tell us about times gone by if they could speak. (photo 4).

When I turned the corner to pace up the boardwalk I saw the boardwalk was totally wet. (photo 5). I then noticed the sea being totally wild. Gorgeous! People were avoiding walking on the closer side of the boardwalk to the sea because of its splashes but I (of course) couldn't have been happier to play his game. There was a major slip-accident though (nobody got hurt) of cyclists around the famous corner towards the pond where I have seen cyclists go on their faces previously as well. Today it was just too slippery and I would have thought they would pay attention...

The youtube clip is of 'my mezah' and the place I always sit, now being completely covered by the waves. I shot it from the opposite side (the larger mezah) because the fishermen were there and they called me to come over. They were worried I would go and endanger myself. I think that's soooo sweet of them! And so, I settled myself safely in between two fishermen on the big pier and spent some time with them looking at 'my mezah'. (photo 6).

However, 'my' mezah kept calling me.... so, I left after an hour orso and went to sit there (and I saw them keeping an eye on me, hahahaha)

It was the most impressive, awesome and thrilling experience thus far on my mezah. I didn't go down the stairs (I didn't have to. The waves came to me where I was sitting) and it was like I traveled off into a poundering roar, relentlessly beating against everything surrounding me. I was totally captivated by the majesticity of the sea. There are just no words to describe it. Needless to say I was totally drenched.

Usually I dry up almost completely during my walk to the sherut (about half an hour walk) but..... then 'it' happened: while feeling quite cold (very windy and soaking wet) the rain began to fall. The first rain of this year... Right there and then. (photo 7).

Ha-Yoreh...




27-9-2008-burningskies4
27-9-2008-burningskies19
27-9-2008-yarkonoppositecurrents
27-9-2008-complicatedtree2
27-9-2008-wildsea
27-9-2008-wildsea13
27-9-2008-firstrain

4 comments:

Lirun said...

whatthe hell are they doing to my old (gordon) pool!?!?!?!

Beachdiary said...

they're making a modern, new pool of it. you don't like that?

personally - I miss the things that were so authentic and simplistic here and gave the town a special character - but, "progress" is an oblige... it seems.

Lirun said...

i have so many memories - sounding like my grandma - bUT ITS TRUe..

Beachdiary said...

Lirun: have you ever ssen seen rudie Weisenstein's photo's?