As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, June 26, 2009

tribute

I have not been to the Port of Tel-Aviv today. I wanted to "finish work quicky"- so it wouldn't be on my mind all day - early this morning but it dragged on. Then it was too late (read: too warm) to feel comfortable walking up to the Nemaal. I cancelled my 'date' with Hana and just relaxed at home all day doing 'whatever' - but, in any case, NOTHING I 'should be' doing. It feels great.

Tomorrow I won't be working at all (I decided that way) and hope that I will be setting out on my usual route as early as possible (and photos will be taken, that's for sure - unless my camera will be playing up again).

Today stands in the sign of Michael Jackson's death. I had the time to devote to why I feel so sad about though I couldn't stand to look at his deformed face and hear about him lately.

It is because of 'him'. He was a lovely child that got exploited by his father and turned into a hit producing machine but..... one can not deceive oneself. I honestly think that's why he turned into the incomprehensible person he turned out to be later on in his life. After all I am a solemn believer in people not being able to understand ever what goes on in the heart of other people...

When I was child: he was child -When I was a teenager: he was a teenager. When I was in my very early twenties and started living in Israel: he had hits that were played in the old-fashioned (disco) clubs in Jaffa and environment of that period in time and on my 'one of a few only in Israel' color t.v.'s in those days. He sorta 'accompanied me'. The icons who colored my path in life are slowly dying and they're not even that old. That's what makes it so sad for me. Not for them. I solemny believe that they don't know and feel sadness anymore - but I feel sad for the ones that stayed behind.

We (our generation) have gone from 45-tour vinyls and 33 tour albums to cassette tapes and dvd's - we have seen the record player turn to a cassette player and later to a video tape recorder and then... to dvd' recorders - and God knows what other inventions have been made since then - like the MP3 player, the MP4 player and so on and so on.... We have come a long way together. Me and my generation. My generation though is slowly dying out :(

R.I.P. Michael - you're in a better place now...

No comments: